June 2024 Schedule Posted

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Hibi

Re: June 2024 Schedule Posted

Post by Hibi »

kingrat wrote: May 10th, 2024, 10:30 am If you are a Thelma Ritter fan, The Model and the Marriage Broker is a must. I think it was shown on TCM once before. Thelma has the leading role, although Jeanne Crain has top billing.
Yes, I plan to watch it for Thelma! Hope I don't forget. I seem to remember it being on before but for some reason didn't catch it.
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

kingrat wrote: May 10th, 2024, 10:30 am If you are a Thelma Ritter fan, The Model and the Marriage Broker is a must. I think it was shown on TCM once before. Thelma has the leading role, although Jeanne Crain has top billing.
Don't forget sex symbol Nancy Kulp!
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Fedya wrote: May 11th, 2024, 6:32 am
Don't forget sex symbol Nancy Kulp!
Yea, the definitive sexy secretary.
I Love Melvin

Post by I Love Melvin »

State Fair (1933) is down for Janet Gaynor but, as in the case of Thelma Ritter / Jeanne Crain, the real star attraction is Will Rogers as the head of the farm family. A young Lew Ayers is in it too. I think TCM showed it way back but I still have my copy from AMC days and that was a terrible print, so I hope Fox has given it some love in the meantime, but Fox doesn't have the best track record on restorations.

"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I Love Melvin wrote: May 13th, 2024, 7:15 am State Fair (1933) is down for Janet Gaynor but, as in the case of Thelma Ritter / Jeanne Crain, the real star attraction is Will Rogers as the head of the farm family. A young Lew Ayers is in it too. I think TCM showed it way back but I still have my copy from AMC days and that was a terrible print, so I hope Fox has given it some love in the meantime, but Fox doesn't have the best track record on restorations.

Yes, TCM showed this awhile back (maybe 10 years or so?), that's when I caught it. I'm planning to watch it again. Interesting to compare it to the 40s version.