Gone With or Without fanfare

Discussion of programming on TCM.
RedRiver

Re: Gone With or Without fanfare

Post by RedRiver »

This vastly underrated actor will be missed. I've been a fan as long as I can remember.

Now he really does have all the time in the world.

Nice!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Rod Taylor - Thanks for all the time you've entertained me - your acting ability is so amazing that I just can't believe people don't take notice of that. Thanks for all the memories ...
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Film producer and son of one of the original Hollywood moguls, Sam Goldwyn, Jr. has passed away:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... -at-762419
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

TCM Remembers Rod Taylor (produced by Oasis friend Scott McGee):

[youtube][/youtube]
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Can anyone upload a photo of adorable "New Yawk" Rod in glasses from THE CATERED AFFAIR?
Last edited by Bronxgirl48 on January 10th, 2015, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Barb,

So sorry about the bad news this morning but now Rod will be up in the heavens always smiling down at you.

Oh, Lynn, thank you, so sweet. There are certain people you just think will never die. Even though Rod was in his eighties, I never thought he'd go anytime soon.
But Rod will live forever thanks to TCM!
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Bronxgirl48 wrote:Can anyone upload a photo of adorable "New Yawk" Rod in glasses from THE CATERED AFFAIR?
Ralph and Jane
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Today, I just heard of the death of Anita Ekberg. She died in Rome, where she lived for several decades. She was 83.
Beautiful, glamourous and sultry - she was a screen siren, indeed. Who can forget her in "La Dolce Vita" or "Boccaccio 70" - statuesque!!!

She was married in the 50's to Anthony Steele, a British actor, who somewhat resembled Rod Taylor, who just died recently - - ironic....

Larry
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Thanks so much, PF! Even though Rod can't quite disguise his sexy Australian accent, I just love him in that "kitchen-sink" part.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi,

Today, I just heard of the death of Anita Ekberg. She died in Rome, where she lived for several decades. She was 83.
Beautiful, glamourous and sultry - she was a screen siren, indeed. Who can forget her in "La Dolce Vita" or "Boccaccio 70" - statuesque!!!

She was married in the 50's to Anthony Steele, a British actor, who somewhat resembled Rod Taylor, who just died recently - - ironic....

Larry
Also ironic that Rod Taylor and Anita Ekberg were an item in the late '50s (though Rod found her a bit more than a...uh...handful). Her iconic status was achieved with just one moment in one film:

As for dear Rod, my heart is sad but filled with warm memories of his films. Here's hoping he's having a cold one with John Ford and Friends. (I posted a bit about Rod Taylor in his thread here elsewhere on this site).
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

RedRiver wrote:This vastly underrated actor will be missed. I've been a fan as long as I can remember.

Now he really does have all the time in the world.

Nice!

Thank you, MIKE. And you're right -- Rod was indeed underrated, much more versatile than perhaps he was given credit for. Like most people, my first introduction to this actor was THE TIME MACHINE, and my fond memories of him are forever linked to that movie.
Last edited by Bronxgirl48 on January 12th, 2015, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I just started collecting pictures of Anita Ekberg and I got about couple dozens of them and I posted 4 of them on Joe's Thread. I guess that I have post a couple more here.

Unusual Picture of her here ... Very much like Rita's Gown in Gilda!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Couple of Pin Ups of Anita Ekberg

She was very glamorous lady and one's of my favorites as well. She is a great admirer of Rita Hayworth and they were pals and unfortunately - I tried without vain of a picture of both them together. She craves her dancing skills and her gentleness towards her friends. That's why I adore Anita for her kindness towards others.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Erik, I can certainly see where Anita got her inspiration.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Bronxgirl48 wrote:Erik, I can certainly see where Anita got her inspiration.
:) ... Thanks!