Can you name that song?

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Hollis

Can you name that song?

Post by Hollis »

In the film Now, Voyager, Paul Henreid and Bette Davis were dancing to the same song that Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman danced to during a flashback to their days in Paris in Casablanca. I believe the primary instrument being played in the song was the saxophone. Is anyone familiar enough with the two films to know what the name of the song is? This is the sort of question that drives me up the wall. Thanks for the assist.

Musically challenged,

Hollis
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

I'll have to check the films tonight, but it may have been a Max Steiner composition since he scored both films.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Thanks. I believe it was a song released for radio play that happened to be used in the movie, but I'm not entirely certain. Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks again.

Hollis
Moraldo Rubini

Adios

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

In the Paris flashback of Casablanca, Rick and Ilsa dance to Eddie Woods and Enric Madriguera's hit song Adios. There are many great recordings of this including Glenn Miller's 1941 version and Pérez Prado 1962 twist on the song, featuring the great vocals of Rosemary Clooney.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

You're not thinking of the theme song of the film, are you - that was "It Can't Be Wrong," with music by Steiner, which was a popular song in its own right. I think Dick Haymes had a hit recording of it. (And I think Bugs Bunny sang it in at least one of his films.)

"Wrong, would it be wrong to care . . . . ."
Moraldo Rubini

Now Voyaging to Casablanca

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I just found the scene in Now Voyager; it's when Jerry and "Camille" are in Rio de Janeiro. And now I can confirm, it's Adios. I'm very impressed, Hollis, that you remember this song was featured in both!
Hollis

It's easy...

Post by Hollis »

You'd be amazed at what sticks between these ears Moraldo! I guess that's why nature blessed me with so much room to spare, she knew I'd find some kind of a use for it. When it comes to meaningless trivia, I'm your man! But thanks for the compliment nonetheless.

Your humble servant,

Hollis