TCM Remembers

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Uncle Stevie

Re: TCM Remembers

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I just saw this presentation and was totally touched. So many memories. So much wonderful life taken from the world. Sadness is overtaken by the wondeful legacies they left behind. I thank the modern technological industry for providing us with DVD rememberances of those marvelous actors and directors. I wish all contracted movies would be released for sale and viewing. I am just feeling a little sombre right now. I wish someone would cheer me up. I am getting so old I consider that I will be on that list soon and without the notoriety. My kids say I live in the past and you know what - I do and love it.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I see, on the TCM boards, that Neva Patterson died the same day as Blake Edwards. I've always liked her. Desk Set with Tracey & Hepburn was one of her better known films. RIP :(
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

It looks like they've added Blake Edwards to the tribute.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Eh, Poo...I missed it. Can someone post a link again or do you know if I can see it on the TCM website? That's one of the things I miss about having TCM, not only seeing the promos but having them recorded along with movies I'd taped. When I hear the train promo, I am always happy because it means I'm about to get movied up...
B
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Miss B, I found this on You Tube, it might not be the most updated one, but at least you can see it here.

[youtube][/youtube]
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thanks, You're All Right.

snif