G.W. Pabst on Tap in a Triple Play on TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
MichiganJ

Re: G.W. Pabst on Tap in a Triple Play on TCM

Post by MichiganJ »

JackFavell wrote:My gosh! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Mich J for including the link to the 1911 SHE starring James Cruze! I had no idea there was a Thanhouser site! This is just great. You've made my day. My month, actually. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanhouser's SHE has some pretty amazing special effects for the time, and Marguerite Snow is wonderful. It must have been a popular film, it's quite entertaining.
I posted the link to the Thanhouser site about a week ago in the Film Preservation Thread. (I didn't know which thread to put it in.)
It's a great site with a lot of very interesting films.

Here's the link to the film list:
http://thanhouser.org/videos-online.htm
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I didn't see the film preservation thread either! Thank you again.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hey! There's a whole FORUM dedicated to film preservation here! Wow. I have to get out more.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

pvitari wrote:
Heck I'm jealous you're getting to see A Modern Hero.
Charliechaplinfan and anyone else... A Modern Hero is safely tucked now into bed on my DVR. If you want a copy, send me a private message. :)
Thankyou, I watched it today, it's not a long movie, I colud have watched as much again. Richard Barthelmess is really good at believably progressing from horse rider extrordinaire with the circus to man of industry, along the way his life is full of women, his mother a one armed, fortune telling ex leopard tamer, his love played by Jean Muir, a rich widow played by Florence Eldridge, his wife and lastly a society woman, he goes all the way up and comes all the way down, loosing everything, it's devastating but still finishes on a slight up moment. A great cast directed by a great director.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin