Sharp Dressers in "Thirty Seconds"

Discussion of programming on TCM.
klondike

Sharp Dressers in "Thirty Seconds"

Post by klondike »

Wow, do those Army Air Corps flyboys not look sharp in Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo ?
I'd trade an eyetooth, four pounds of earwax & all my wife's underwear for Tracy's horsehide flight jacket, with that nifty Wright Airfield home-patch.
On second thought, best let Mrs. K keep her lingerie, I reckon, as I'll need her good graces for her to let that jacket out some for me. :roll:
Rita Hayworth

Re: Sharp Dressers in "Thirty Seconds"

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Historical Footnotes

In World War Two, British Civilians (I have friends in England) commented that our Uniforms are sharp, well defined, and classy that many of the British Women (I know a few) all love the Eisenhower "IKE" Jacket and they commented that the Dress Uniform of Dark Green Jacket, Beige Pants, and Brown Shoes makes a fashion sense - everywhere our Servicemen goes. Not, only that ... Our Navy had Beige Jackets, Beige Pants, and sharp Shoulder Boards, with shiny insignia ... and so forth ... They even made comments like .... over here ... over dressed ... and over sexed.

Many British Servicemen resented the facts that their women simply adore our men in uniform.

Scene from Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo

Admiral Nimitz - Excellent Example of a Navy Uniform

General Eisenhower - Great Picture of Him
Note: This is the 1st picture of him - when he got promoted to the rank of General of the Army - 5 star rank equivalent of a Field Marshal in the British Army.

In the Summer of 45, General Patton was summoned by the King George dressing like this ... to receive several awards that were bestowed by Commonwealth of England, British Army, and so forth ... many citizens in the United Kingdom was stunned by his appearance.