Favorite Moments from the Film Festival

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Favorite Moments from the Film Festival

Post by Lzcutter »

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where festival goers would put together a list of their favorite moments.

Here's mine:

1) The Cameraman with Vince Giordana and His Nighthawks. From the beginning to the end, with the salute to Buster with porkpie hats AND the two encores, the highlight of the festival for MrCutter and me.

2) The discussion with Kevin Brownlow in Club TCM. A million thanks!

3) Mary Badham talking about To Kill a Mockingbird. A dream come true for one who loves this movie more than any other!

4) The shout-out from Tom Brown on Wednesday afternoon during his warming up the audience for Robert O's Festival interviews.

5) Ben M's absolute delight at saying Miss Galore's full name during the introduction of Goldfinger and his apology to parents in the audience who brought their kids.

6) Filming in the Roosevelt lobby. What a great idea and I hope you start the day before the Festival begins again next year!

Thoughts for next year:

I would ask for next year is that there be more time to gather at Club TCM to socialize throughout the weekend.. I really enjoyed doing this during the first FF and really missed it this year. While I enjoy chatting folks up while standing in line, it's not the same as being at Club TCM. Too many film choices seemed to cut into people's time at Club TCM.

Please keep the poolside screening! The discussion before the film this year was just terrific and the weather certainly accommodated.

More rarities. This year's rarities like Hoop La, Night Flight and The Constant Nymph were major hits. Here's hoping they continue to have a major presence at the Festival.

More interstitials! Especially with at least a half hour of sitting and chatting before the program starts. Maybe a retro package of interstitials would help spark conversation.

Just some thoughts.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese