SSO's Upcoming Upgrade on AUG. 1st & 2nd

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
Lomm
Administrator

Re: SSO's Upcoming Upgrade on AUG. 1st & 2nd

Post by Lomm »

Rita Hayworth wrote:One of bad things that I've noticed about these changes is that you have to LOG ON to VIEW THE BIRTHDAYS on this Forum; having said that - one of the best thing about the OLD FORUM is the ability to see the birthdays in view without logging on. Many days, I don't login - and now I have to login every single day to not to miss a member's birthday here in this FORUM.

This is not good at all.
That is a privacy feature and cannot be changed. In many cases, people would not appreciate their birthday being shown to anyone who happens to stop by a website. That said, I'm not sure why you would not want to log in, to be honest, when visiting. I mean, to do anything like wish them a happy birthday here, you'd have to log in anyway.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Ok, I understand Lomm!
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I have figured out how to add the Active Topics link back to the toolbar. It will appear at the top of every page without having to drill down into a menu now. Anything else? I don't want to add too many because it will disrupt the intent of their design, which is to make the forum scale nicely to all screen sizes, including phones and tablets. But I will add more if everyone feels it enhances their experience.

On a related note, that feature is why the picture at the top no longer repeats across the top. It scales down in smaller windows and does not appear at all in very small (mobile) size.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Since everything seems to be working very nicely and we haven't had any issues, I'm going to lock this thread. Any questions, concerns, or problems, please feel free to PM me!