Newest registered user - DShepFilm

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
Jezebel38

Newest registered user - DShepFilm

Post by Jezebel38 »

Is anyone else as intrigued as I am by the latest registered user? Could it be the real David Shepard is lurking amongst us, or is this an interloper? Or perhaps he is to be a future Guest and has just registered early? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

I believe your last guess would be pretty close to correct.
Moraldo Rubini

Sleuth

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Good job, Jeze! And thanks for the winking lead, Jon. I'm always curious about the newcomers. So many enter and leave no hints as to what brought them and what they hope to find...

David Shepard. Wow.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Time for a dumb blonde question: Who is David Shepard?
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Shepard

He also was a film professor at USC for 30 years.
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

It's amazing how many of my silent DVDs have Mr. Shepard's name on them, and that name always stands for the highest quality. He's probably the premiere film preservationist working in America today, and has a vast knowledge of the silent era. Without the work of Mr. Shepard, along with that of Kevin Brownlow, it's highly doubtful that appreciation of silent film would be as widespread as it is today.

I asked him to be our guest star for January. He will tentatively be here during the week of January 14th, although that is not completely confirmed.

So much for keeping a secret from you people, although you earned my admiration by recognizing his name. You do me proud, you really do.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thanks very much, Jezebel!
CoffeeDan

Good job, Jez . . .

Post by CoffeeDan »

I was going to bring this up if no one else did. I've seen him post under that username in the Yahoo silent movie group, and on a couple of other classic film boards I frequent. David Shepard is one of the true angels of film preservation and appreciation.

It's an honor and privilege to have you here, Mr. Shepard! Looking forward to hearing from you!
inglis

Post by inglis »

MissGoddess wrote:Time for a dumb blonde question: Who is David Shepard?
That's okay Miss Goddness I am blonde too and I didn't know who he was but that's the good thing about this forum nobody makes you feel dumb and you are always learning new things,cheers Inglis