Okay...I know I'm an idiot...but....

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Okay...I know I'm an idiot...but....

Post by pktrekgirl »

...could someone please explain to me this Classic Cinema College forum?

I went in there today, after eyeballing it from afar for the past 3 weeks. The whole time I thought I'd find something like that history of movies.org thing they advertise on TCM.

But this is clearly not that.

Could someone explain it to me? What do you guys DO in there?

:lol:
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

PK,

Don't worry, you aren't the only one that has been flummoxed by the CCC.

Moira created the Classic Cinema College last summer over at TCM City.

It's a mythical college, kind of like Brigadoon, that specializes in a star studded faculty and staff. I don't know that anything actuall gets taught there as we seem to specialize in big party events more than anything.

We have taken to including many of the posters here as part of the staff. For instance Moira is the Dean, Kyle is Head Publicist/Bartender, Klondike was hired after rescuing Dean Finnie from a bumpy cross country mis-adventure, that sort of thing. MrsL runs the B&B.

It gives a chance to hone our imaginations and dream of a place where we would all, undoubtedly, love to work.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Thanks very much, Lz!

I never even noticed it on the other board. But for the past few months, I rarely opened threads unless I was pretty sure of the content ahead of time. For obvious reasons. :lol:
moira finnie
Administrator

CCC: origins of the species

Post by moira finnie »

Oops, Pktrekgirl, sorry! Here's a link to the first post related to the CCC, which I created to entertain myself and anyone else who stumbled upon it armed with a sense of the absurd and a grasp of movie history:
http://tinyurl.com/yutthz

It has a few offshoots around the Old TCM site, such as this Halloween edition in a town near CCC, but generally, we tried to keep the denizens of CCC under control in one thread. Hope that you enjoy it. It's just for fun.
Moira
Last edited by moira finnie on May 7th, 2007, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.