group views, maybe?

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
dfordoom

group views, maybe?

Post by dfordoom »

OK, just a thought, but what do people think of the idea of doing a group view? Where a group of us all try to get hold of a particular classic movie and watch it, and then have a discussion on it?
moira finnie
Administrator

A Group Film Discussion

Post by moira finnie »

A Group Film Discussion sounds like a great idea. I hope others might find it appealing too. Thanks for suggesting this, d.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I think it's a great idea too. Do we do it overnight or allow a couple of days to get it done?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
dfordoom

Post by dfordoom »

I'd be inclined to give people a couple of weeks to get hold of the movie. Unless it's on TCM, which mean I won't be able to participate, due to the different (and very much inferior) scheduling of TCM in Australia. So I'd be inclined to pick something that's shown on TCM, but that is also fairly easy to get hold of on DVD. Perhaps even a public domain movie - they're so cheap to buy, and there are some real treasures available.

Like Rain, with Joan Crawford! OK, the existing prints aren't good, but my copy cost me a couple of bucks and it's a fabulous movie, and would be such a great film to discuss.