More BBCode Formatting Please!

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
EP Millstone

Re: More BBCode Formatting Please!

Post by EP Millstone »

Masha wrote: January 9th, 2023, 4:33 pm . . . I will humbly request that you keep alert as you scan lists of available functions for a module or subroutine which will allow us to reach through the screen and punch another user in the nose. Perhaps as an enhancement of the: 'Foe' function? I am reasonably sure than some here would greatly welcome that.
For once, Masha and I are in complete agreement.

If nose-punching is too aggressive, a LIVE nose-tweaking, cheek-pinching, or hair-pulling feature would be an acceptable alternative.

Or maybe a home delivery of a REALLY LARGE tub of ice cream app so that the recipient will get a REALLY BAD ice cream headache!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Okay, cool it with the hostility, Gang!

MissWonderly is the newest SSO member and we don't want to frighten her away, now do we?
laffite

Post by laffite »

EP Millstone wrote: January 9th, 2023, 5:14 pm Okay, cool it with the hostility, Gang!

MissWonderly is the newest SSO member and we don't want to frighten her away, now do we?
Oh, she's been around. As they say in the movies, "She can take care of herself."

:smiley_shouting:
Catherine Deneuve in The Murri Affaire
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

My suggestion is for members to take it upon themselves to LEARN basic HTML while waiting for a button to be programmed/included. You can format or add almost anything you want within the body of a post, like multiple quotes:
Lomm wrote: January 9th, 2023, 3:11 pm Helping out and spending time at the Oasis is something I do because I enjoy it, not because it's my job, unlike those people who managed the TCM forums.
Masha wrote: December 5th, 2022, 2:39 pm I truly do appreciate all that you do for us. You are truly an unsung hero.
Now THAT's how members should be treated!
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

[quote=TikiSoo post_id=170623 time=1673355772 user_id=1369]
My suggestion is for members to take it upon themselves to LEARN basic HTML while waiting for a button to be programmed/included. You can format or add almost anything you want within the body of a post, like multiple quotes:

Sorry, but have no idea what HTML stands for.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

TikiSoo wrote: January 10th, 2023, 8:02 am My suggestion is for members to take it upon themselves to LEARN basic HTML while waiting for a button to be programmed/included. You can format or add almost anything you want within the body of a post, like multiple quotes:
ElCid wrote: January 10th, 2023, 9:12 am Sorry, but have no idea what HTML stands for.
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. But HTML cannot be used on phpBB forums, which use BBCode.

BBCode Tags Reference

However, not all BBCode tags are available on the SSO. Hence, my dema . . . requests for more BBCode.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Aside (for ElCid in this case, but I've seen several instances of it): When you quote a post, just put your text BELOW the last place you see [/quote]. If you don't, then your reply is IN the quoted text and no one can see that you've typed anything without scrutinizing the post closely. I don't know what the TCM forum was like but every board I've been on has worked this way and it's not usually a problem.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

ElCid wrote: January 10th, 2023, 9:12 am Sorry, but have no idea what HTML stands for.
It's just a typing shortcut while waiting for a button.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

(Ahem!) W-h-y-y-y is TikiSoo's name in bold, green letters?
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

EP Millstone wrote: January 10th, 2023, 2:54 pm (Ahem!) W-h-y-y-y is TikiSoo's name in bold, green letters?
Because she's been made a moderator.
Watching until the end.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

LawrenceA wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:04 pm Because she's been made a moderator.

AHA! The truth comes out!
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Whoops, guess it's time for that announcement. :lol:
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

EP Millstone wrote: January 7th, 2023, 6:32 pm If it is possible, please add the following BBCode formatting:

Indent Text
Indent BBCode
Example

Spoiler
Simple Spoiler BBCode
Example

Tooltips
Please add tooltips for the following formatting buttons:
  • Thumb
  • align
  • centre
  • float
Prime note BBCode Extension
Indent is completed.
I thought we already had the spoiler bbcode. It must have been one that was wiped when we had that issue I mentioned earlier.
Trying a new one
Spoiler is here again. Caveat: This will only work for ONE spoiler in a post. To do it differently I would have to install an extension that I cannot confirm is compatible with the current version of the board, or future ones. Unfortunately the same is true of that tooltip one you linked to, EP. I'm not willing to risk a crash or failure so that we can have tooltips. If they update it, then it would be ok.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:44 pm
Indent is completed.
Trying a new one
Spoiler is here again.
Bravo! Excellent!
Lomm wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:44 pm . . . Unfortunately the same is true of that tooltip one you linked to, EP. I'm not willing to risk a crash or failure so that we can have tooltips. If they update it, then it would be ok.
Understood!

Would it be possible to copy existing code for a tooltip (e.g., for Bold, Italics, Underline) and apply and modify the code to the formatting tools that don't have tooltips (Thumb, align, centre, float)?

I, for one, IMMENSELY appreciate your efforts, Lomm! For them and for your patience and receptivity . . .

THANK YOU!
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

:lol:
EP Millstone wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:59 pm
Lomm wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:44 pm
Indent is completed.
Trying a new one
Spoiler is here again.
Bravo! Excellent!
Lomm wrote: January 10th, 2023, 4:44 pm . . . Unfortunately the same is true of that tooltip one you linked to, EP. I'm not willing to risk a crash or failure so that we can have tooltips. If they update it, then it would be ok.
Understood!

Would it be possible to copy existing code for a tooltip (e.g., for Bold, Italics, Underline) and apply and modify the code to the formatting tools that don't have tooltips (Thumb, align, centre, float)?

I, for one, IMMENSELY appreciate your efforts, Lomm! For them and for your patience and receptivity . . .

THANK YOU!
:lol:
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.