Greetings, all!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
norfious

Greetings, all!

Post by norfious »

Hello,

I have long been a "lurker" on this forum, having discovered it through my frequent Google searches for classic film information and photos. I finally was able to join you on this forum, and I am very excited; it is very rare to find classic film fans in my day-to-day dealings, and I am thrilled to find an online community where I can discuss and gush about classic films without boring people! :P Thank you so much for hosting this forum!

Since I don't think I could ever choose my favorite films, here are some of my favorite actors and actresses:

Actors:
Ronald Colman, Buster Keaton, Joseph Calleia, Humphrey Bogart, William Powell, George Raft, Edward G. Robinson, James Cagney, Leslie Howard, Roscoe Arbuckle, Harold Lloyd, Mischa Auer, Jack Lemmon, Conrad Veidt, Claude Rains...

Actresses:
Ginger Rogers, Kay Francis, Myrna Loy, Joan Blondell, Jean Harlow, Ingrid Bergman, Mildred Davis, Margaret Dumont...

I am also very interested in older music, including 1920's jazz, swing, doo-wop, and big band! Feel free to chat with me about those topics as well! :)

I look forward to joining the discussions soon!
_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
knitwit45

Re: Greetings, all!

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome aboard!!
You will have an 'instant' friend in one of our best posters, Jack Favell. She is a dyed in the wool Joseph Calleia fan, and your avatar will draw her in like flies on honey!

Seriously, we welcome you to the friendly place. We may disagree, but we always are pretty cheerful about it. Just kick off your shoes and stay awhile. I'm sure you will be posting soon, there are so many interesting topics being discussed.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Welcome aboard. Glad we got things settled. Have fun.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Oh yes, JackFavell will be so HERE since you are a fan of both Calleia and Powell. :D :D

May I add my welcome and I look forward to your posts!

P.S. count me a fan of the standards, "the American songbook", et al.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Howdy, and welcome to SSO.
norfious

Post by norfious »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! And thanks for helping me get an account set up, movieman1957!

Ah ha! It's good to know there are more Calleia and Powell fans out there. I am sure JackFavell and I shall get along great!
I am glad to meet another "American Songbook" fan, too, MissGoddess! :)
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Welcome! I like your musical tastes. I've been interested in 1920's jazz for a while, but I don't know that much about it, really. Interested to hear your thoughts, if you want to start a thread about it.

Sandy K
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I love 1920s jazz too and all your favourite actors and actresses, I'm glad you joined us. Welcome aboard.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
norfious

Post by norfious »

sandykaypax wrote:Welcome! I like your musical tastes. I've been interested in 1920's jazz for a while, but I don't know that much about it, really. Interested to hear your thoughts, if you want to start a thread about it.
charliechaplinfan wrote:I love 1920s jazz too and all your favourite actors and actresses, I'm glad you joined us. Welcome aboard.
Yes, perhaps we should create a music thread, since there seems to be some interest in that! Great idea!
I fear I won't be an oracle on the subject, though. While I listen to it often, I unfortunately don't know a great deal about the history of 1920's jazz, but I'd love to get some conversations started on the subject.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Norfious,

Welcome! We have a great group here! And at the end of the month, film noir author (and TCM brand manager), Shannon Clute will be joining us as our September Guest Star!

So, glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Welcome to the SSO, norfious! We are glad you are here. Some of your favorites are some of mine, too!
(William Powell, James Cagney, Ronald Coleman, Claude Rains, and almost all the actresses you've listed.)

I play the piano, and love those songs from the 1920's, too!

We have a great group of friends here! Glad you jumped aboard. :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor