Hello everybody!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Libertine

Hello everybody!

Post by Libertine »

Being new here, I just thought I'll stop by to introduce myself a bit and say hello to all of you. :wink:

First of all, I hope to have finally found a place where people are still able and willing to talk about films and film-stars, as there are really not many places where "fans" are interested in anything else than photographs. (I collect photographs myself, but to do nothing else, is a bit shallow).

As for my favorite stars and directors, the list is long, but here are my top favorites:

William Holden, Vincent Price, Gary Cooper, Francis Lederer, Brian Aherne, Errol Flynn, Jean-Pierre Léaud
Tallulah Bankhead, Marlene Dietrich, Bette Davis, Lana Turner, Carole Lombard, Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo
Billy Wilder, Josef von Sternberg, Erich von Stroheim, Francois Truffaut

The list is actually longer, includes also some modern stars, but the classics are my favorite. :)
[color=#400080][i]Perhaps I am mad. How should I know? I think I am normal.[/i]
~Tallulah Bankhead[/color]

I made myself a signature, but found out I can not use it.... world is cruel. :(
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/leaudlunique/avatars%20and%20banners/tallulah.png
knitwit45

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome! I think you'll like this place.We might not always agree on things, but we have a lot of fun, and there have been some really interesting discussions on some of your favorites. So look around, pull up a chair, and 'sit a spell.'
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Thanks knitwit45! Nah, nobody has to agree all the time, I love discussions as long as people stay respectful, and have a good sense of humor! :D

I made myself a signature, but found out I can not use it.... world is cruel. :(
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/leaudlunique/avatars%20and%20banners/tallulah.png
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Welcome. We are a small but happy group. There are pictures but we love chatting about movies. Enjoy.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome, Libertine. I hope you'll enjoy sharing your observations and enthusiasms with our hearty band. You'll find that the natives are friendly.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Hello, Libertine!

Welcome to our hearty band of film buffs. Check out the threads and feel free to add to the discussions or start a new thread or two!

Enjoy!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Hello Libertine, welcome to our merry band. We disagree so agreeably around here. There are some interesting threads on some of your favorites, feel free to open up threads on others :D

Love your avatar.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Thanks a lot everyone! I'll definitely post, started to do so a bit, but have first to look around to get to know how things are organized here. ;)

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Libertine wrote:Thanks a lot everyone! I'll definitely post, started to do so a bit, but have first to look around to get to know how things are organized here. ;)
It's took me a 2-3 weeks to get a hang of this ... but, take your time LIbertine! It's pretty comprehensive and I'm still amazed the amount of subject material that's being discussed here. I learn something new every single day and even from new members like you. So, welcome to the forum ... and share your thoughts on the Silver Screen!
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Thank you a lot kingme! :D