Hello Everyone

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
AMfan

Hello Everyone

Post by AMfan »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to posting here. I have been looking at this site for a while and thought I should finally join. :D I am a huge Agnes Moorehead fan and would love to connect with others that share the same interest. Also, I love the new banner by the way. :wink:
RedRiver

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by RedRiver »

Welcome, AMF! We're honored to have you join us. Some of us enjoy Ms. Moorehead in DARK PASSAGE, THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS, and of course, CITIZEN KANE. This site is pretty quiet lately. We're busy, distracted and so forth. Please don't be discouraged if you don't see a lot of activity. Be assured your presence is a welcome one!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Welcome AMFan!

Thanks for joining our reindeer games! We have a couple of Agnes fans already here so feel free to explore and post. I think we may have an existing thread dedicated to AM.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Welcome, AMfan! Hope you enjoy being with us!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi AMfan,

Welcome to the Oasis.
You have certainly picked a most worthy star and lady to follow!!

I don't post on here much any more as I travel now while I can. One of my ventures is to the TCM Film Festival in LA (this year in late April); and I would recommend your joining us there, if you can.

Have fun on the board...

Larry
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

It's good to see you posting, AM. Thanks for joining. Do you have a favorite Agnes Moorehead role from film?

Are there any other character actors whose work you enjoy?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
AMfan

Post by AMfan »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am glad to be able to meet so many people who share similar interests. I noticed that Agnes has a thread already, but no one has posted in a while. Maybe we can revive that. :wink: :D
Vecchiolarry wrote: You have certainly picked a most worthy star and lady to follow!!
I certainly agree, Larry. Agnes is an inspiration to me professionally and personally. :)
moira finnie wrote: Do you have a favorite Agnes Moorehead role from film?

Are there any other character actors whose work you enjoy?
I'm not sure I could pinpoint a favorite Agnes role - they are all amazing. I guess I like seeing her in glamorous roles, like Mrs. Parkington, and I think she liked those roles herself. As for other actresses I enjoy, Rosalind Russell, Joan Crawford, Lucille Ball, and Bette Davis rank pretty high for me.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I love Anges Moorehead in Television as her role in Bewitched and among other Television Shows. I haven't seen much of her movies at all - but managed to catch a few movies like "Who Minding the Store", "Bachelor in Paradise", "Raintree County", and "The Left Hand of God". So, welcome and glad you were able to join us ...
WarrenHymersMoll

Post by WarrenHymersMoll »

Hey AMFan! Welcome aboard! Agnes Moorehead was wonderful!! Whenever I see her in a film or tv show, she's a total delight.
AMfan

Post by AMfan »

Thanks for the welcome! I have to agree, she was marvelous. :wink: I love everything I see her in.