Napoléon by K. Brownlow

Read any good books lately?
Ann Harding

Napoléon by K. Brownlow

Post by Ann Harding »

Hello everybody! This is one of the reasons why I wasn't much online recently. My French translation of Kevin Brownlow's book on Napoléon is coming out on December 3rd. The publisher promised high-quality reproductions of the 110 stills in the book. I am very proud this is coming out in France, 30 years after its original release. It's about time the French public learned about one the greatest film in film history! And believe me, it was a struggle to find a publisher: it took me 18 months!
I am currently translating How It Happened Here, another brilliant Brownlow book scheduled to come out in Spring 2013.
charliechaplinfan

Re: Napoléon by K. Brownlow

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Congratulations, Christine, I know the struggle you've had to find a publisher, it's a seminal silent movie and it's French made about the most famous Frenchman in history, written by Kevin Brownlow, it's about time France had it's own version. I know how hard you've worked towards making this a reality. I'm so pleased for you.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin