Want an avatar? Request one here!

Post your Classic Film-related art here!
Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

movieman & pktrekgirl -
Here's a copy of the same photo that I have -
I don't know if this image will be any easier to work with but you are free to use it if you wish.

kjk
Kyle In Hollywood
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Ginger "Avatar" Rogers

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Thanks, Kyle and pktrekgirl.!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

bobhopefan1940 wrote:Oh, I just love my avatar! :shock: THANK YOU! It's priceless to me... 8) You know nothing you do is maginal!! :wink:
BobHopeFan,

I don't know what happened to it, but it looks funny now. Like it was blown up and shrunk down....

I'll test it in my own profile, cus something went wrong between when I posted it in the thread and how it looks now.

After I test it I'll get back with you...
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Kyle In Hollywood wrote:movieman & pktrekgirl -
Here's a copy of the same photo that I have -
I don't know if this image will be any easier to work with but you are free to use it if you wish.

kjk
Oh...this one is perfect! I can work with that one quite easily! :)

I'll work on it this evening.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

pktrekgirl wrote:
bobhopefan1940 wrote:Oh, I just love my avatar! :shock: THANK YOU! It's priceless to me... 8) You know nothing you do is maginal!! :wink:
BobHopeFan,

I don't know what happened to it, but it looks funny now. Like it was blown up and shrunk down....

I'll test it in my own profile, cus something went wrong between when I posted it in the thread and how it looks now.

After I test it I'll get back with you...
Okay...I tested it and it worked fine, so I went ahead and put it in your profile for you.

Looks much better now! :D
Hollis

An Avatar request!

Post by Hollis »

Hi there pktrekgirl,

Thanks for your assistance in maintaining the site. It's not unappreciated. How and where would I go to get an avatar and then how do I go about making it a part of my profile? Thanks.

Hollis
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

ptrekgirl,

This one of Ina Balin is slightly too large. Can you trim it for me?
I swear, this looks just like me in high school. Eerie! Not so much now, I'm afraid. Since Ina left us all too soon, who knows if we might have grown to look the same in middle age.
Many thanks. Judith
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Kyle In Hollywood wrote:
But I'll wait for Kyle's imput on this...

Anyway, if Kyle grants me permission, I can work on this tomorrow. Otherwise, he might be able to play around with it some more
pktrekgirl -
Please go forward with any and all ideas you may have for the "pink balloon" avatar for Christy.

I have a very pedestrian photo imaging software package that does allow some simple effects - like "airbrushing" color on an image, which is all I did in a quick moment of experimentation. I am sure you can take my little bit of fun and do something fantastic.

I did post the original files in the gallery for you to use. Have you found them? If you are going to workon the image, I suppose you'll want to use the original without the color added anyway. I know photoshop can do some amazing things.

And Christy is right. What you have done with "Bob Hope" and "Chuck Connors" is swell. All that pixilization came about because I compressed the Bob Hope too much, I guess.
Hi Kyle,

First, thanks for allowing me to work on Ginger! Actually, I quite liked what you did with the balloon - that was a really good idea! Gave that photo some 'zip'! And I'm all about zip! :D

I'll play around with it more and see what I can come up with.

But that was a nifty job on the colorization!

Also, regarding the photo of Bob Hope - no, it was already pixelated before you did anything to it - look at the original that BobHopefan posted and you'll see. You didn't do anything to it that wasn't already there. ;)

The way I got rid of it was to do a little trick. First I sharpened the photo so the lines would be clear, then I duplicated it twice...and on layer 2 used a gaussian blur...which smoothed out the pixelation. Then I set the third layer on there and set it on screen, I believe. Made it nice and smooth! :) Then I did the lighting, text, brushes, surface texture, etc.

You might not be able to do all that in the program you have - I am fortunate enough to have PhotoShopCS, and it's pretty powerful.

I learned that trick from playing around with alot of Valentino photos (*teehee* - one of my favorite hobbies! ) - some of which are not the clearest, as you might imagine. If you sharpen them so that his features are clear, then odd artifacts show up in the photo - blurry spots, pixelation, etc. So I played around until I figured out that using the gaussian blur, you could give the photo an almost dreamy effect...and get the artifacts out at the same time.

Here is an example from The Hooded Falcon:

Anyway, that's what I did on Bob Hope and it seems to have worked! Luckily for me. :P
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Re: An Avatar request!

Post by pktrekgirl »

Hollis wrote:Hi there pktrekgirl,

Thanks for your assistance in maintaining the site. It's not unappreciated. How and where would I go to get an avatar and then how do I go about making it a part of my profile? Thanks.

Hollis
Hi Hollis,

If you have a particular photo of some star that you like, you can post it here in this thread and I can make you an avatar from it and put it in your profile for you.

I believe Jon posted instructions about how to post photos in threads up in the information forum. But let me know if you have troubles.

In the meantime, go select a photo you like (the clearer the better) and we'll see what we can come up with! :)
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

jdb1 wrote:ptrekgirl,

I swear, this looks just like me in high school. Eerie! Not so much now, I'm afraid. Since Ina left us all too soon, who knows if we might have grown to look the same in middle age.
Many thanks. Judith
No problem. Do you want any text on it or anything?
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Re: Ginger "Avatar" Rogers

Post by pktrekgirl »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Thanks, Kyle and pktrekgirl.!
Hi Sue Sue!

I went ahead and put your new avatar into your profile.

Hope you like it! I think this might be the only thing I've ever made as a group project...but Kyle did a fab job on that balloon! And gave me some purdy pink colors to work with! :)
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

:D Thanks so much, pk! Looks fab, although I thought it looked fantastic either way... ;) My fave picture of Bob, thanks so much! I'm tickled pink :lol:
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

bobhopefan1940 wrote::D Thanks so much, pk! Looks fab, although I thought it looked fantastic either way... ;) My fave picture of Bob, thanks so much! I'm tickled pink :lol:
Hey...no problem! Glad I could help.

And like I said...even *I* need an occasional break from Gary Cooper, Errol Flynn, and Rudolph Valentino. :P
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Okay...here's Groucho Marx, movieman. :)

Hope you like it okay.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

pktrekgirl wrote:
jdb1 wrote:ptrekgirl,

Many thanks. Judith
No problem. Do you want any text on it or anything?
How about "Brooklyn Girl" Both Ina and I qualify for that.
Many thanks.
Judith