Brute Force

News and Upcoming Releases
ken123

Brute Force

Post by ken123 »

Is being released on DVD on Tuesday April 17. It is one of my favorite noirs, ranking just behind. "Nightmare Alley " starring Tyrone Power with wonderful support from the great Joan Blondell and the vastly underrated Helen Walker. " Brute Force " has tremendous performances by Burt Lancaster, Hume Cronyn,Charles Bickford,Art Smith, and Roman Bohnen,among others. Jules Dassin Directs with greatness :P
vallo

Post by vallo »

I taped this film from PBS channel 13 in N.Y. years ago and look forward to a real DVD copy of the film. Mainly do to a great Noir producer Mark Hellinger.

vallo
ken123

Brute Force

Post by ken123 »

Amazon advises me that my DVD copy will be arriving Wednesday. Happy Day ! :wink:
ken123

Post by ken123 »

TCM willair Brute Force Wednesday April 18 at 10PM EDT following The Killers ( 1946 ) at 8PM EDT. :wink:
ken123

Post by ken123 »

The DVD for Brute Force featutes an excellent audio commentary by Alain Silver and James Orsini dealing not only the film itself, but the collaboration of Director Dassin and Producer Hellinger, who actually wrote the original story, the politics of noir and the blacklist. The homoerotic element is discussed also. Included in the DVD is the correspondence between Hellinger and Production Code administrator Joseph Breen, which I haven't seen yet. :wink: