New Keaton releases by Kino

News and Upcoming Releases
JackFavell

Re: New Keaton releases by Kino

Post by JackFavell »

That's too bad, it sounds like a great combination. I will keep my eye out (ouch!) in case the sound suddenly comes back on The First Flickers. :D

You have a wonderful way of timing the music with the actions - I love the way the people on top of the train in Chatanooga Choo Choo get blown off in rhythm.

I also like the way you create montages with particular themes - for instance, the hoop rolling sequence. No matter how many times I have watched those films, I never realized that they all had a moment with a hoop!

The Hollywood Overture was great, just trying to figure out which movies were in it.
Gary J.

Post by Gary J. »

moirafinnie wrote:Hey, guys! Check out the rest of Gary's videos. Am I correct in assuming that you are Lowbrow Studios, Gary?
I just subscribed to his channel on youtube. Haven't found a boring one yet. I think you are a talented guy with a real gift for making these gems. Thanks so much for sharing them on the SSO.
[youtube][/youtube]
Then I'm to assume you are larkascending66? You have many alias's. Are you wanted by the government?

But I do thank you for the kind words of support Moira. It's nice to know that somebody is out there
listening as I whistle in the wind when they could be out doing something constructive like breaking into homes.

Gary J.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Then I'm to assume you are larkascending66? You have many alias's. Are you wanted by the government?
LOL. No, the government would prefer to ignore me. I just used that phrase since youtube said there was already someone with my name registered on their service.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

An article at Greenbriar talks about a new book on Keaton that he really likes. It is called "Buster Keaton: The Persistence of Comedy."

http://greenbriarpictureshows.blogspot.com/

(It is dated Sept 23 so as time goes you may have to scroll down the page.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Gary J.

Post by Gary J. »

JackFavell wrote:That's too bad, it sounds like a great combination. I will keep my eye out (ouch!) in case the sound suddenly comes back on The First Flickers. :D
I think I figured out how to get my video back on with out the sound getting knocked out (sound is rather important here....)

http://www.youtube.com/user/LowbrowProd ... gvBmSyFgEU

And then I just created a much longer, slightly less facetious version with these series of clips...
I hope you enjoy them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LowbrowProd ... cGomFB5CAE

Gary J.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my goodness, Thanks Gary! I will go look right away.

Gary - I looked and I hate to say, it looks like someone blocked both videos.... I am so disappointed.
Gary J.

Post by Gary J. »

The links are both working for me Jack.
In what way are they blocked?

Gary J.
Last edited by Gary J. on December 8th, 2010, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I can get to your page, but there is no viewing screen. Only a sentence that says,

"This video contains content from The Orchard Music and WMG, one or more of whom have blocked it on copyright grounds."

I just checked it again.
Gary J.

Post by Gary J. »

It's funny. I was always signed into my account so everything played fine. But I just signed out and now
I can see the blockage. They took part 1 to my long piece but it looks they left the other parts alone
for now. Now I have to go see what I can do about the other 2.

[youtube][/youtube]

Gary J.