DDD 20% off sale

News and Upcoming Releases
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

vallo wrote:Thanks for the reminder MissG. I also wanted the John Barrymore Film.
I going back :oops:

vallo

Hee! I'm so glad. Actually, that whole series of William Wyler films Kino put out is so very, very good. I wish I could afford to get them all. But this one's the best of the best and shows my Johnny at the zenith of his powers.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I received my order yesterday and forgot I had also gotten The Long Gray Line!
moviemagz

Post by moviemagz »

I'm anxiously awaiting this sale which should come around again in May or June but DD.com has great sales all the time - a few months ago they had selected titles 50 percent off from the Fox library. I was able to get the TYRONE POWER and MARILYN MONROE collections both for $35!!

And went back and bought two $20 titles which came to $10 each - one of them the boxed set of SUNRISE/ALL ABOUT EVE/HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY/ GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT! !!!
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Hey everyone, the Deep Discount DVD 20% off sale is on again! Filmlover posted the discount codes over at the TCM boards.

DVDTALK
DDAF
GAMER

You can use each code only once. I just bought the Classic Musicals from the Dream Factory Vol. 3 set and the Doris Day Vol. 1 box set for a total of $98.98! The Doris Day set normally retails for $89 and the musicals set for $70, so I got quite a deal.

Amazon is also having a sale on many of its classic film box sets, so I would check out both sites first. For example, the Doris Day vol. 2 set is currently on sale at Amazon for $30.99, and Deep Discount has it for $42.95. Even with the 20% off, it still would be cheaper at Amazon.

Other good deals at Amazon right now are the Bette Davis Vol. 1 and 2 box sets for $28 each, and the Tennessee Williams set for $28!

Sandy K
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I will not be buying as much this time around but I am tempted to go ahead and go for the Tennessee Williams set only because I want The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone and I'm not sure if I'll find it separately. I also want to get The Furies if it's included in the deepdiscount sale.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
srowley75

Post by srowley75 »

I took advantage of the sale to order a ton of films I'd wanted to own for a while, but let the buyer beware -if you're interested in purchasing any Warner Home Video titles that have been on DVD for a time, you'll likely get the weaker "cardboard" snapcases rather than the more durable clamshell cases. I ordered 5 films that had been on DVD for some time (Arsenic and Old Lace, The Shop Around the Corner, Adam's Rib, Now Voyager, and Wait Until Dark specifically) and all of them came to me in those older cases.

Plus, as someone else pointed out, be sure to check Amazon.com before ordering certain titles. Several Warner titles have been marked way down, including Treasure of Sierra Madre, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane, and A Clockwork Orange.

-Stephen