The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.
- Audrey Hepburn

The Falcon Collection from Warner Archives

News and Upcoming Releases

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

norfious

The Falcon Collection from Warner Archives

Postby norfious » August 22nd, 2013, 8:09 am

I was so excited to find a collection of all the George Sanders Falcon movies from the Warner Archive on Amazon the other day. I am a big fan of both Sanders and these fun films. Unfortunately, most the reviews on the discs are decidedly negative, complaining about poor disc quality. Apparently the Archive collection is basically a DVD-R that WB burns when you request the set.

I have purchased another film from the WB archive --"It's Love I'm After"-- and have had no problems with it. However, the mass of negative reviews for a $30-$40 DVD set is discouraging. Has anyone purchased or watched this set? Is it really worth it?

RedRiver

Re: The Falcon Collection from Warner Archives

Postby RedRiver » August 22nd, 2013, 12:30 pm

This is a fun series. The Tom Conway entries have made their way into my experience more than Sanders. But I like them all.

norfious

Postby norfious » August 22nd, 2013, 8:45 pm

I have seen Tom Conway in a few films, but I actually haven't seen any of his Falcon films. I am quite interested to see how he takes over the role.

RedRiver

Postby RedRiver » August 23rd, 2013, 11:48 am

He reminds me of Errol Flynn. Not a great actor. Not pretending to be one. Just having a lot of fun! This ultra-low budget, very entertaining series is the ultimate second feature. Something people might very well have enjoyed more than the main attraction.

Return to “Classic Film on DVD”