Books to Trade?

The place for film-trading!
moira finnie
Administrator

Books to Trade?

Post by moira finnie »

I have many movie related books, a few dvds and vhs tapes that I might trade if someone has a copy of the following:

Memoirs of a Cad by George Sanders, (his autobiography)
George Sanders: An Exhausted Life by Richard Van Der Beets
The Casablanca Man: The Cinema of Michael Curtiz by James C. Robertson.

Please let me know if you're interested in parting with any of these books by trading them for other books, dvds, or vhs. Thank you.
Hollis

Book to trade?

Post by Hollis »

Hi all,

Most of you know that I'm a relative newcomer to classic movies so it's no surprise that I have only one book in my library devoted to movies. It's titled "2000 Movies, 1940's" by Robin Cross. Published by Arlington House in 1985, it's described as "The ultimate pictorial reference for movie fans." It's broken down by year from 1940 through 1949 with each year encompassing roughly 200 films. Within each year, the stills are grouped according to genre in this order -

Action, Adventure, Melodrama, Comedy, Westerns, Romance, Musicals, Fantasy, Americana, Horror, B Movies and British & Foreign

Each photograph is notated with the Studio name, the Director's name, the Stars of the movie and a sentence explaining the basic premise of the movie. There are more than 2000 photos in all ( B&W only.) The original price (as marked) was $24.95. It measures 12" high, 9" wide and 1" thick. The book is hardbound, has the original dust cover and weighs in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 lbs? It would make a really nice "coffee table" book.

If you're interested, send me a P/M. I'd be especially interested in "war movies" whether it's in the form of a book or DVD's, unless, of course, you have any authentic WWII memorabilia that you'd be willing to part with. I guess we'd repay each other for whatever it cost us to send the media on it's way.

Thanks all,

Hollis

p.s. I also have a softbound, 30th anniversary edition of "One Flew Over
the Cuckoo's Nest" autographed by Ken Kesey on the cover in gold
"Sharpie." I've got nobody to leave my "estate" to when my time
comes, so...