Movie and TV Mistakes

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Movie and TV Mistakes

Post by movieman1957 »

Kingme:

Those kind of things happen all too often but they're fun to find. In the old show "Combat" in two episodes I saw recently Vic Morrow, depending on the camera's view either had or didn't have on a back pack and the other he was holding someone at knife point and alternately held the knife differently.

Too often those things even if discovered are too costly to reshoot.

Keep 'em coming. Thanks to you and Stuart.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I finally had to look up the movie that I remembered the police car mistake from.

it was THE TERMINATOR. When The Terminator's stolen police car is shown up close in the parking structure, the motto on the left side of it reads 'To care and to protect'. After the car crashes, you can see the motto on the left side again, but this time it reads 'Dedicated to serve'.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm beginning to think "The Rockford Files" was particularly sloppy. Watching one of the TV movies "I Still Love L.A." his beloved Firebird (this time a 1979) has been rescued from a chop shop where it was chopped up. It is dragged in on the back of a tow truck minus its wheels. It is dropped right in the middle of the lot. Moments later on, presumably the same day, the car has wheels and tires on it.

There is plenty of fun stuff wrapped around a murder mystery.
Chris

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Watching TV Bloopers Show - that's hosted by Dick Clark - always have bloopers from the Rockford Files and I wanted to share that with you movieman1957.

It is so unbelievable that a friend of mine has the complete set of Rockford Files and every Season has something like a ballpark of 7-10 bloopers in them.

I wanted to share that with you ...
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Thanks. This seems unusually sloppy for a show but maybe it was the time when it was filmed. Tight schedules will do that.

Of course they didn't have to worry about people stopping, rewinding to double check something back then and it probably wasn't cost effective. I wonder if Garner saw many of them before they aired. Shoot, he may not have even known.
Chris