Re: "Lost" Movies Found on YouTube

Post by MissGoddess »

Burt's playing a Robert Ryan character!
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's so funny! I was just about to watch RR in Born to be Bad, and I laughed because I thought that could have been the name of Burt's movie!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

And both star Joan!
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I loved it, what a pity it's not on DVD and being a Universal film, it's being shown on TCM is not certain anytime soon. Maybe if Joan gets to be SOTM. :)
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ooh, I'm so glad you loved it. They really worked well together.

I loved how protective of her he was, even if he went about fixing things in all the wrong ways. He didn't know how else to be.

I would love a copy of it of my very own, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. sigh.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

He was so good, so attractive and scary at the same time. I can understand her fear when he turned up at her job, lol, but being that good looking sure takes the edge off, at least for me. :D I'm so shallow!

Joan was excellent, too, as this good, proper girl who gets all swallowed up in love and the kind of events she should never have gotten closer to than seeing them unfold on a movie screen.

I saw an old, old "AMC" icon on this YouTube print, so it looks like it may not have seen the light of day since back when AMC did NOT air commercials. i can't even remember how long ago that was.
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's right, there was a logo on partway through. Ugh, let's not think about how long ago it was.

I forget how good Joan is until I watch her in something like this. I really like her here, she is so gentle and a little harried, but beautiful. I like that she never changed her hair all the way through! I also like that they are both out of their league, she would be reading her book, or going to a movie with friends but gets mixed up with these horrible characters, through no fault of Burt's. He just seems to draw bad luck to him like flies to honey.
He was so good, so attractive and scary at the same time. I can understand her fear when he turned up at her job, lol, but being that good looking sure takes the edge off, at least for me. :D I'm so shallow!
You and me both! :D I just like his vulnerability here.
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

I can't recall if this got posted before, but thought I'd revive this thread just in case. Bette Davis' film debut (with a very young Bogart) THE BAD SISTER (1931).

[youtube][/youtube]
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to post a must see film - ANOTHER PART OF THE FOREST (1948). I had as yet never seen this film until I found it recently and I've watched it twice now! The "prequel" to THE LITTLE FOXES with Fredric March as the Hubbard patriarch. This film has never been released on video or DVD.
[youtube][/youtube