Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

Best Batman Villain - The TV Series

Post by ken123 »

Its the Penguin & The Joker for me. 8)
srowley75

Re: Best Batman Villain - The TV Series

Post by srowley75 »

Either Julie Newmar or Eartha Kitt's Catwoman.

I also liked Vincent Price as Egghead.
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

Aah, Catwoman. I liked her a lot, but I have problems thinking of her as a "villain."

I would vote for Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. Apparently Gorshin made that character, who was a minor figure in the comic books. Gorshin played the Riddler in the first Batman TV story and died at the end of it, but response to him was so strong that he became a semi-regular on the show and the Riddler ended up becoming a major player in the Batman comic books. (Although now, according to my son, the Riddler has reformed and is a private eye.)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The Riddler. Love Frank Gorshin!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I'm big fan of this TV Show and my heart always belong to Frank Gorshin - The Riddler.
I have his autograph, and autographs of Cesar Romaro as the Joker, Meredith as the Penguin, and both Lee Meriweather and Julie Newmar as Catwoman.

I love this TV Show.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Cliff Robertson was great as Shame (parodying Shane [1953]), but I guess top honors would go to Mr. Freeze who was played by George Sanders, Otto Preminger, and Eli Wallach in various episodes.

My favorite cameo:

[youtube][/youtube]
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:Cliff Robertson was great as Shame (parodying Shane [1953]), but I guess top honors would go to Mr. Freeze who was played by George Sanders, Otto Preminger, and Eli Wallach in various episodes.

My favorite cameo:

[youtube][/youtube]
Mr. Arkadin,

Mr. Freeze is one of my sentimental favorites. I love them all. They all did well - as a fan of Batman's comics - A perfect Mr. Freeze would been - The looks of Otto Preminger, The Cruelty of George Sanders, and panache of Eli Wallach - Only One Man could pull it off - Telly Salavas - better known to us as KOJAK - the 007 Villian in Majesty Secret Service. He would been a magnificent Mr. Freeze in the Batman TV Series. Mr. Arkadin - I applauded your pick (top honors) of the selection of Mr. Freeze.

I also have Eli Wallach's autograph as Mr. Freeze also. I inherited it from a dear friend of mine who passed away 8 years ago.