Musical Tribute to a Real Star

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Musical Tribute to a Real Star

Post by mrsl »

About two weeks ago, I DVR'd the GAC Star of the Decade tribute to my very favorite George Strait. I love the way the country music association does this sort of thing. George and his wife and family are sitting on stage, but off to the left so you can see them, and they are available for the other artists to approach. Throughout the show, all the other "A" class artists sing George's songs, while he listens and watches. He is also a songwriter as well as a singer.

I know we have very few country music fans on this board, but George's music is so varied, that everyone could find something they like from him. He does beautiful love ballads, a lot of songs about Texas, and some that could be considered rather off color.

But the best thing is, there is no smoke, no banging of guitars, no jumping all over the stage . . . . just a singer, standing at the microphone and strumming a guitar. Every word is clear and understandable, and everybody is really singing, not just lip syncing to their records. These are Georges songs anyway, so he is the only one who records them. I just wanted to note some praise for a well produced show as well as being a fine adult program.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************