Did You Bring Enough For The Whole Class

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Uncle Stevie

Did You Bring Enough For The Whole Class

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Do you remember growing up with teachers saying that if you were chewing gum in school. Welll they never really meant it and did not want the whole class chewing. Well I am here to complain about TV talk shows. Every talk show promotes products buy giving out free stuff to the entire audience. The last time I looked I was part of the audience but I am at home. I get nothing free and I am sick of it. First of all the audience got in free and get gifts and they also do not have to watch commercials. I pay $40.00 a month to watch the program and get nothing except the opportunity to watch 22 minutes of commercials. And again nothing free. I am sick of watching other people get gifts. I may sound selfish but what kind of a fool am I?
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Did You Bring Enough For The Whole Class

Post by movieman1957 »

Well, we're never going to get that lucky. One of my customers won one of those Oprah Pontiacs. She was thrilled but then the paperwork afterwards didn't make it as much fun as it did initially.

Probably the only thing we can get is to share the experience.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
markfp

Re: Did You Bring Enough For The Whole Class

Post by markfp »

How times have changed. A couple of years after THE VIEW went on the air my wife and I went to a broadcast. As we went in they gave every person a free sample package of some new breakfast cereal. That's it, just dry cereal . Afterwords, as we went to the subway, there was a panhandler asking for change and my wife told him "I haven't any change, but you can have this" and handed him the cereal. You should have seen the look on his face. I told her that was a bad idea because the poor guy would have to spend the afternoon asking people if they had any milk.

Every time we see these shows handing out all that good stuff, we look at each other and say "and we got stinkin' cereal". :lol: