Awards Shows

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Awards Shows

Post by mrsl »

I missed the Peoples Choice but I did see the Golden Globes, and I have only two comments.

a.) Most of the ladies looked lovely, the gowns were spectacular and I'm so happy that darn slip dress is now out of style.

b.) Are the any more than about 6 men in Hollywood who are over 6 feet tall, and have faces that look like a man's face? Most of the boys now are either so baby faced, it's embarrassing, or they have that awful scruffy look with the exaggerated 5 O'Clock shadow. What's going on? None of the men seem to work out, they all look so flabby or the
'before' photos in the old before and after advertisements.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Uncle Stevie

Re: Awards Shows

Post by Uncle Stevie »

It sounds to me that someone here is getting older. I just commented to my wife the other day about how the TV "News Women" are absolutely beautiful and how they must scour the earth to find them. When I see 30 year old gorgeous Female Doctors on the News shows giving medical advice I do not believe them because they look like actors and not real Doctors.

Also the "Medical Shows" have nurses the like of which I have never seen. I have been in more hospitals more times than you want to know and seldom do I see a beautiful Nurse or handsome Doctor like on TV. I would like to see a list of local Hospitals to me with all the beautiful nurses like that. Maybe I would have to get a different kind of insurance policy to get them.

I will say, however, that I am in love with my Surgeon Podiatrist who is a divorced Mother of two but I am old enough to be her Father. She is 50 now and I have been her patient for 20 years.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"