How Dumb is That??!!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

How Dumb is That??!!

Post by mrsl »

Just curious how many of you want to burst into uncontrollable laughter when you see some of these women trying to walk on stage on talk shows, or awards shows, etc., in those ridiculous 5 inch heels, with platform toe section, that are so popular this year. Most of those who can walk in them walk either in a pigeon toed fashion, or reaching out to grab anything that may be near enough to give them some sureness of foot. Add to that the micro-micro mini skirts and you have a laugh riot!!
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
pvitari

Re: How Dumb is That??!!

Post by pvitari »

What annoys me is watching all the female cops/lawyers/private eyes/spys/action babes, etc., on TV and in the movies doing all their kick-ass stuff (in the courtroom or in a firefight) in stiletto heels, as well as in clothing that looks spray-painted on (except for where it's lowcut to show the actress' cleavage). Even the supposedly most liberated and independent of female characters in film and TV are still boxed into a fantasy world version of what women look like and how they dress.

Long live loafers, flats, and sensible heeled boots.

Oh well, at least the idiotic stiletto heels keep the podiatrists busy which means they employ nurses, assistants, technicians, refer patients to physical therapists, etc. So the most nonsenical of fashion is good for someone!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

AMEND TO THAT

This is picture of a Sixteen Inch Stiletto Shoe that sells for $400 and they are selling like hotcakes in USA and in Europe.

My girlfriend Sandy have a hard time walking on 3 inch heels - 1-2 inch is her comfort zone - but this is beyond
craziness.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Hmmmmm . . KM, I get the aesthetic points you're making, but the math isn't making any sense . . :? :roll: :?
For a human's toes to reach the end of a shoe with a 16" heel [stilletto or otherwise], with the wearer standing upright in them, the wearer's foot would need to be at least 18" long, roughly equivalent to the length of a man's shoe: size 17 . . .
Barring those suffering from genetic mutations, this would limit the market almost exclusively to women who stand at least 6'/3" tall.
(I didn't reference cross-dressers in this equation, because they tend to show universally good taste in wardrobe.)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Here is the correct picture - Klondike - my bad