A Little Credit, Where it's Due

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

A Little Credit, Where it's Due

Post by mrsl »

I feel this way about David Letterman. He opened his show last night with fervent sadness for Japan. As he listed Japan's troubles, it suddenly sank into my tiny brain just how devastated and frightened those people must be. One massive trauma after another within days of each other barely gave the citizens time to breathe or make any plan. Earthquake, followed by Tsunami, followed by radiation leak, and finally a probable/possible explosion of one of their nuculear plants. I'm not a big one for praying in times of trouble because it seems like trying to set up a bribe, but my heart really goes out to those people. In my lifetime, their leaders once caused the most horrendous loss of lives to my country and my family members, but here I am 65 years later praying for their descendants. I can only hope it doesn't take that long to mend fences with the enemies we have today. Letterman was sincere in his empathy, and it would be nice if more comedians would take 5 minutes to quit the jokes and just offer up a short time for silence.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************