R.I.P. Chicago Code etc.

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: R.I.P. Chicago Code etc.

Post by Lzcutter »

King,

I totally agree with you about Chicago Code. I love Delroy Lindo and he was just perfect in this as the corrupt alderman.

I also enjoyed the rest of the cast, especially Jennifer Beals as the tough head of the Chicago PD.

I will never understand why Fox chose to cancel this one and keep House around for another season. House, which I used to really love, has been on a deadly downward spiral downwards for the last two and a half years.

Chicago Code deserved better. Much better. I would love to have seen the second season that looked so promising in the finale.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lzcutter wrote:King,

I totally agree with you about Chicago Code. I love Delroy Lindo and he was just perfect in this as the corrupt alderman.

I also enjoyed the rest of the cast, especially Jennifer Beals as the tough head of the Chicago PD.

Chicago Code deserved better. Much better. I would love to have seen the second season that looked so promising in the finale.
Same here, Lzcutter ... Chicago Code is an excellent show ... I'm a fan of Jennifer Beals here.
klondike

Post by klondike »

I begin to worry that Jason Clarke, for all his potential acting chops, is a jinx; he certainly was instrumental in helping to make Brotherhood a dark-horse hit, and yet despite the fan base, and great critical reviews, that series also got axed.
One hopes this abortive short-run doesn't put Mr. Lindo off on series television - he's always exciting to watch - frightening to look at & listen to, even in his gentler moments, and yet absolutely compelling.