The Kennedys - History Channel TV Programme

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
charliechaplinfan

The Kennedys - History Channel TV Programme

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I wasn't going to watch this given all the publicity and furore that has been created but my husband has had it on and I've found it difficult to completely ignore. I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to the Kennedys, I think I know a reasonable amount about them, enough to think that Katie Holmes hasn't got Jackie's voice nailed. Yet some casting seems good, Tom Wilkinson as Joe Kennedy, well he has a heck of a role but he's how I would have imagined Joe to be, Rose seems pretty well cast. Greg Kinnear, he has the look of JFK but for me, he hasn't nailed the voice, although hubby begs to differ. Bobby, well he doesn't have the look, I'm not sure on the voice, I don't recall ever hearing Bobby speak, he's been shown in the most sympathetic light so far. The show is riddled with some inaccuracies but it makes for a great soap opera which is probably the reality of the programme.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
stuart.uk

Re: The Kennedys - History Channel TV Programme

Post by stuart.uk »

Alison

Haven't watched it, but saw a doc about the Kennedy's using home movies. What surprised me was the fact it strongly hinted that Bobby and Jackie had an affair after JFK was killed. It was the first time I'd even heard that
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:The show is riddled with some inaccuracies but it makes for a great soap opera which is probably the reality of the programme.
I have seen this CCF - this program on the History Channel is by far the worst of its kind that the History Channel put together in the past 5-7 years - I seen it once and vowed to never see it again. I did not care for it. Too inaccurate in my book.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I've heard of the Jackie/Bobby affair but I think it was more likely that they both loved jack and found comfort in each other.

It is trashy, I agree but once it's on it's very difficult to ignore. Their story itself is more unbelievable than a soap opera without all the dramatics and innaccuracies.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin