REVENGE / DAMAGES

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

REVENGE / DAMAGES

Post by mrsl »

Based on the same idea as Damages was, this is a good replacement for those who will no longer be able to receive Damages. It's going to take a few weeks to exact the revenge which names the show, and I'm not sure what will happen after all the people get theirs but since the writing is quite good and keeps you guessing, I'm sure they'll come up with something. Actually, I much prefer Emily Van Camp to Rose Byrne. I've watched Emily since she was in Everwood a few years ago, and again on Brothers and Sisters, and besides being gorgeous, she can act when given the proper material. In this part she has to play it very close to the chest because she has dozens of secrets she is keeping in order to complete her vengeful plan like Rose Byrne does in Damages, but Rose acts like an outsider to most of the rest of the cast, whereas Emily is allowed to smile wickedly when nobody is looking, or frown - whatever the case may be. I DVR'd the first 5 episodes before watching them all on Saturday, and now I learn that I could have waited a week and gotten the whole season.

Is anyone else watching this new show, and do you see the comparison to Damages? What is your take on the two shows?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************