"The Talk" TV show

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Uncle Stevie

"The Talk" TV show

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Why did Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Pete get fired from the Talk show? I thought they were the show and they got fired with no explanation. Does anyone know why?
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
CineMaven

Re: "The Talk" TV show

Post by CineMaven »

I think Leah Remini's comic timing warrants her making movies on the big screen. Holly Robinson Peete...I'm not sure why she had a career after "21 Jump Street."
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I must confess I've never heard of Ms. Pete or this TV show. I'm familiar with Ramini from sitcoms.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

I don't watch The Talk very often, so I had no idea that they had been fired. I think that The View is a much better show, although I have grown tired of it lately. I've taken to just watching The Joy Behar Show instead.

I find Leah Remini to be abrasive. I don't know why, I'm sure she's a good person and all that, but I just find her so annoying. She was on Oprah (I think--it may have been one of the other shows) a few years ago because she was unable to get her daughter to stop drinking from a baby bottle. Her daughter was about 4 years old and was terribly spoiled. Remini knew she needed to exercise some tough love but she just couldn't do it. She just seemed so whiny about it, too.

Now, I don't have children, so I have no idea how difficult it is to get one's child off the bottle, and into sippy cups and the like. I am an aunt, though, and I don't remember this being an issue for my nephew...

I liked Holly Robinson Peete, so that's too bad that she is off the show.

Sandy K
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I'm still trying to get my brother off the bottle. But that's a story for another time!
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Yes, RedRiver, maybe I should've phrased that differently! LOL!

Sandy K
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I was just starting to get hooked on The Talk when they got rid of Holly and Leah, I watched for a week more, then I stopped and haven't seen it since. Those two girls kept the conversations going and the jokes running. I can't imagine why they let them go!!!
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Gossip in the entertainment press (EW, Hollywood Reporter) has suggested that Julie Chen, the wife of CBS head honcho Les Moonves, is "She Who Must Be Obeyed" around the set of The Talk, but even the recently departed hosts seemed puzzled by their dismissal (at least in public). I suspect that the producers of these programs sometimes find a plethora of voices and personalities hard to tame into something watchable, though that never stopped anyone on The View.

The View fascinates, bores, and makes me deeply embarrassed for my sex all at the same time, so I'm not eager to replicate that experience in any other form. Still, has anyone seen The Chew, a sort of foody-lifestyle chat show? Is it worth a look?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks