Concert for The Queen on her 60th yr on throne

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Concert for The Queen on her 60th yr on throne

Post by stuart.uk »

There will be a special concert for The Queen to mark her 60-years on the throne. It's being organized by Gary Barlow (Along with William and Harry) of the boy band Take That, who was also Simon Cowell's replacement judge on the UK version of the X-Factor. He's keeping his arms closed to his chest as regards weather Take That, arguebaly the UKs most successful band in recent yrs will take part, but the newspapers are claiming that aging Knights Elton John, Tom Jones, Paul Mcartney and Cliff Richard will take part, not to mention Dame Shirley Bassey. The concert will be held just outside the gates of Buckingham Palace.
charliechaplinfan

Re: Concert for The Queen on her 60th yr on throne

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Don't you feel proud of our Queen Stuart? I had a lump in my throat on Tuesday watching the documentary on her. I think the monarchy is a important part of our national fabric but I can't see myself being as enamoured of Charles as I am of the Queen, nothing against Charles, it's just that his Mum is special. How's the feeling in Scotland, are there plenty of monarchists North of the border?
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

I think history will show her to be a great Monarch Alison.

I was interested in the Doc which suggested that as a young Queen the Prime Minister's like Anthony Eden and Harold McMillian tried to outwit her, but that now she's the one with the experience and the P.Ms are the rookies. It also suggested, what I've thought for a while, that she seems despite her upbringing to get on better with Labour P.Ms, particualry Harold Wilson than she does with Tory ones.

I also feel that while she was raised a certain way, that she's the one that dragged the Monarchy into the 2st Century. I liked the Diane Quick potrayal of her, where it showed her able to give Charles and Camilla her blessing after the death of her mother and sister.

On a more lighter subject. The Queen rarely wore trousers in public, but I think she really suited them. I remember at a function in the 70s she wore trousers as evening wear on a tv doc. She looked very smart. Then again, while photographed attending hospital in her 60s, she wore a smart trouser suit.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

She's got an elegance about her that was criticised when Diana first came on the scene which was a pity because looking back she was a stylish woman.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin