O, The Drama

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ChiO

O, The Drama

Post by ChiO »

The first review is in: http://www.aroundthetownchicago.com/the ... -baseball/

The Athenaeum is the oldest continuously operating Off-Loop theater in Chicago, the greatest small theater city in the world.

Mrs. ChiO & I were lucky enough to see the tech rehearsal on Wednesday, opening night on Friday, and then -- just for fun -- the Saturday performance.

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

Stacey, our baby, is the Stage Manager. It is her first professional gig.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: O, The Drama

Post by moira finnie »

Congratulations on raising a child who makes dreams become real, Mr. & Mrs. ChiO! And all the best to Stacey in her pursuit of her muse. I hope she truly loves her work and thrives in the creative atmosphere of Step Up Productions at The Athenaeum. I've always heard that Chicago was a great theater town!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
RedRiver

Re: O, The Drama

Post by RedRiver »

Some of the best theatre I've seen has been in run down basements and former storefronts in Chicago. Once I went to the restroom after the show, and wound up in the actors (and actresses) dressing room. I said, "Am I in the wrong place?" Nope! This is the only bathroom we have! Very little money changes hands. They do it because the love it.