Mad Men

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Mad Men

Post by Lzcutter »

And I loved Trudi's reading of the riot act. If Pete didn't take that dictum seriously, lord help him, because I believe that Trudy will have no problem with destroying him.

You think back to earlier seasons when Trudi was his partner, steering him through social situations and in the work place as well.

Pete Campbell was an idiot to not see what a great wife and partner he had.

Joan's reaction to Mr. Jaguar showing up at the office and Don's take down of the slime ball was another episode high point. Though I suspect that the slime ball hasn't been completely squashed just yet.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I'll bump this thread just for the hell of it. I don't have anything special to say. But I enjoyed Sunday's episode. Sometimes I'm a little confused. There's so much story, so many characters, I lose track. But I can't wait to see what happens next. That's good writing!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Well, "The Men" are on tonight. The last couple of shows have felt a little convoluted to me. Kind of over-loaded. I like the show. There's just too much information for me to keep track of. If next season is the last, as has been suggested by the creator, they should stop introducing new story elements and start to resolve the ones they already have.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

That was quite an episode Sunday night! Very intriguing. And sad. Don Draper is quite a character. I don't like him or admire him. Yet, I care quite a bit what happens to him. I don't want him to suffer. Sometimes I feel that in real life. I don't like this person. Want nothing to do with him. But I hope he's OK. Nobody should be unhappy.

With respect to the issue of SPOILERS, I won't say anything more specific. I'm dying to, but I won't! I do hope fans watched the show. If not, I hope they recorded it. This is an ongoing story full of surprises, heartbreaks and confrontations. The season finale was no exception!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Red,

I thought the finale was awesome and was not what I was expecting at all!

It raises all sorts of questions for next year!!!!!

I'll wait a few more days to post about it so as not to spoil it for anyone!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese