TITANIC: Blood and Steel ... On Encore

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Rita Hayworth

TITANIC: Blood and Steel ... On Encore

Post by Rita Hayworth »

TITANIC: Blood and Steel

Premires On Encore ... October 8th to 13th.

From Encore - Text Below.

http://www.starz.com/originals/titanicbloodandsteel

Belfast, 1909. The Harland and Wolff shipyard has been handed the greatest project in its history. It will build a great, unsinkable ship. And it will be called the RMS Titanic.

"Titanic: Blood & Steel" is the untold story of the building of a legend, and the many lives it affected during its 3-year construction. To its wealthy investors, it was a dream. To the middle class who oversaw the project, it was a challenge. But to the working class who built it, Titanic was the start of a revolution. With Ireland under British rule, and theProtestant and Catholic struggle intensifying, Titanic was more than a ship…it was a symbol of ambition, hope and unity.

Featuring an internationally-acclaimed cast including Sir Derek Jacobi (The King's Speech), Chris Noth (Sex and the City), Alessandra Mastronardi (Woody Allen's To Rome With Love), Kevin Zegers (Frozen) and Neve Campbell (Scream), "Titanic: Blood & Steel" is a powerful tale of love and insurrection in the heart of Belfast.

Starring: Sir Derek Jacobi, Chris Noth, Alessandra Mastronardi, Kevin Zegers, Neve Campbell

Movie Trailer
[youtube][/youtube]

Movie Teaser
[youtube][/youtube]

This is going to be epic, full of drama, adventure, and a treat for all of us here.
mrsl

Re: TITANIC: Blood and Steel ... On Encore

Post by mrsl »

I've been looking forward to Titanic ever since I saw the first ad for it back in August, sound like a thrilling mini, and I love mini features, they can get so much more information into them than a two hour movie.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Vienna

Re: TITANIC: Blood and Steel ... On Encore

Post by Vienna »

So much has been written about the Titanic, it's a fascinating subject. I was thrilled to visit the new Titanic museum in Belfast and to stand in the dry dock where the Titanic stood.
I have a German film from the 1940s on DVD ,though I haven't watched it yet. I imagine it will have a different slant on the subject.