Last Tango In Halifax-a new As Time Goes By

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Last Tango In Halifax-a new As Time Goes By

Post by stuart.uk »

Spoiler

I thought I'd metion a new BBC comedy drama Last Tango In Halifax. It's similair to As Time Goes By with Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer, though its not a sit com, but a drama with lots of comedy.

Without giving to much of the game away, not that I know much myself yet. It's about a couple in their 70s reunited on face book after not seeing each other for 60-years. It's got a formitable cast with Derek Jacobi and Anne Reid as the two elderlies who rediscover their old love with heavyweight standard actresses Sarah Lancashire and Nichola Walker as their respective early middle-aged daughters.

Everything seems okay with the couple themselves, but snooty headmistress Lacashire and widowed Supermarket checkout girl Walker look like their on a collision course.

I know Jacobi's a global star, but Anne Reid's career has been interesting to watch. In the early 60s she was the 1st wife of Ken Barlow, who was killed of by a falty hairdryer. Anne wasn't heard for in years then when she was in her 50s, she became a regular feature in some high quality tv drama, including playing the cook in the revamped Upstairs Downstairs
Vienna

Re: Last Tango In Halifax-a new As Time Goes By

Post by Vienna »

Good series and good to know a second series has been commissioned.