Shoes ?

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Shoes ?

Post by mrsl »

What do you people think of the fashionable shoes of today?

In the first place, many styles look like the 'old lady' shoes from the late 40's and early 50's. I recall my mom shopping for shoes and the salesman brought her a pair of black shoes with a one and a half inch heel, that looked kind of like a high top gym shoe but in leather, and with sort of engraving on the sides. When my mom, who was about 30 at the time saw them, she exclaimed: "Those look like the shoes my grandmother wore, they're old lady shoes!"

Secondly, these 5 inch platform jobs not only look ridiculous, but women look like they have something stuck up their a** when they walk, not to mention the possible danger involved when you don't have a good, sure footing.

Finally, with the trend of no stockings to be worn with these shoes, I would hate to be in the room when the shoes are taken off, especially on a hot day. :roll: :cry: :o

I realize I'm old and old fashioned, but I can accept a lot of the kids fads in clothing and even in shoes, except when boys wear their levi's down around their (what should be hip bones), where we get the glorious sight of their underwear and the top of their 'butt divider '. Watching movies from the 70's and 80's occasionally you get glimpses of background people walking on city streets, and although unusual, the clothing was never as unflattering as todays' is.

Do any of you agree, or am I just a terrible old biddy?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
sandykaypax

Re: Shoes ?

Post by sandykaypax »

I absolutely hate the baggy pants thing. Impractical, unflattering, and vulgar.

The shoe fads--there are so many choices out there for shoes that I always find something that I like. I like some of the platforms and wedges. Some remind me of retro 1940's looks. Crazy high heels, though--hard to walk in and HURT your feet. So not for me. I usually wear Keds or Converse low-tops and have for years. Classics.

I hear you about the no stockings look. I was glad to see tights come back into fashion because it is too COLD in Cleveland to go bare-legged in the fall and winter.

Sandy K