Me-TV

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Me-TV

Post by moira finnie »

RedRiver wrote:Surprisingly, I first became aware of hm as the ailing Dr. Auschlander on ST. ELSEWHERE. When I later saw SABOTEUR, I recognized him halfway through the movie.
Same here, Red. I never put the two together until years later.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Be still, my heart! :oops: :oops: My most favorite fellow in the movie world, Felix Bressart, wearing his monocle, in one of his very best roles. Thanks, Miss M., you just made my day much brighter! :lol:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Glad you liked it, Nancy. I love Felix too much. He was wonderful in every movie he made. Here he is in high dudgeon as "The Great Boldini" in It All Came True (1940) with Jeffrey Lynn at the piano. No wonder he looks as though he had the giggles.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

Just noticed on today's lineup for COZI TV (sorry, not MeTV) they are running some mid 50's sitcoms this early evening; Life With Elizabeth with Betty White , followed by Private Secretary with Ann Sothern. I've never seen either of these, so will try to tune in.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

My Me-TV has been blacked out since yesterday...I missed all the cop shows. Thank goodness for COZI to take up the slack. I have never seen Betty's show but I have seen one or two of Annie's. All good.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

ME TV has a weak signal, or however you say it. It goes out a lot. Do you think that's the cause of the blackout? Or is it intentional?
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

RedRiver wrote:ME TV has a weak signal, or however you say it. It goes out a lot. Do you think that's the cause of the blackout? Or is it intentional?
You've hit on it, Red. It does periodically go wacko on me. It was back yesterday, but it does seem to pick the days I actually have time to watch it to go out, lol.
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

The Deadly Mantis will be on SVENGOOLIE this weekend ... and it's a keeper! :)
Last edited by Rita Hayworth on May 18th, 2014, 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Yes it is. I like all the Big Bug movies!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Rita Hayworth wrote:The Deadly Mantis will be on SVENGOOLIE this weekend ... and it's a keeper! :)

I enjoyed it very much and see my write up on the SVENGOOLIE thread ... A classic 1957 Movie starring Craig Stevens, William Hopper, Alix Talton, Donald Randolph, and Pat Conway.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Will McKinley has an interesting take on the relation of the recent Supreme Court ruling against Aereo-TV, the existence of digi-subchannels such as Me-TV and classic film fans. Please click on the image below if you would like to see his analysis of this decision:

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This scares me and I just will be lost without all the wild and wacky films of SVENGOOLIE on Saturday Nights if Me-TV was to be removed from my cable channel lineup ... Moira!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Not good. Why having shows & movies languish unseen is preferable to the money-makers is beyond my poor powers of understanding.
-- Will Rogers
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Ladies and Gentlemen: The John McGiver episode! Jack Favell will be happy to know "The End of the Game" was on THE FUGITIVE last night. McGiver and squeaky voiced John Fiedler as squabbling (gay?) roommates who hide Kimble from the police. I had never seen this delightful show before. Not only is it funny and quirky, it's suspenseful, as this excellent series always was. Even the cinematography stood out to me, though I can't say exactly why. It looked stark and menacing.

There's little wonder why this show was phenomenally popular it its time. Rarely had TV produced a weekly feature of such consistently high quality. I'm afraid, some 50 years later, it's still unusual.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Me-TV has unfortunately had no signal for a week now in NJ Time Warner Cable. All I get from TWC is that they "are working on it". I hope we haven't lost it permanently, I'm suffering withdrawal!
-- Will Rogers