Me-TV

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Me-TV

Post by Lzcutter »

If anyone was watching Rawhide on Me-TV on Saturday afternoon, can you tell me what was in the champagne bottle that Gil Favor was threatening the bad guy with by throwing it back and forth between his hands?

We were at my brother-in-law's house with the sound down, so I am curious.

Thanks!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If I recall correctly it was thought to be nitro glycerine. Only a couple in the case had it and they were marked or turned a certain way to tell which carried it.

I saw it on a Netflix disc a month or two ago.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

i kept wishing someone would drop a champagne bottle on Hugh Marlowe's head during that episode. You can see the show, "Incident of the Champagne Bottles" here as well:
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I often feel that way about Hugh Marlowe! :D
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Nice rebuttal to a NY Times critic who bashed "old" TV shows:

http://willmckinley.wordpress.com/2014/ ... atch-them/
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

ME-TV

Changed their programming on Saturday Nights in Bold ...

Starting at 5pm - One full hour of the Rifleman - Starring Chuck Conners

Starting at 6pm - One full hour of Adventures of Superman - Starring George Reeves

Starting at 7pm - One full hour of Batman - Starring Adam West and Burt Ward
Starting at 8pm - One full hour of Wonder Woman - Starring Lynda Carter
Starting at 9pm - One full hour of Star Trek - Starring William Shatner and Leonard NImoy
Starting at 10pm - Svengoolie 2 hour Movie of the Week
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

That's a darn good line-up!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

When, I tried to watch Superman on Me-TV today - My Cable Company changed something with the signal and the whole thing is garbled and unclear. I talked to my neighbor about it and you need a new digital television set in order to watch ME-TV. So, I will be getting a new TV really soon.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

TV has become so complicated it's hard to understand what you need. For me, the channel still works. That's all I know!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

One of our regional stations has dumped ME TV and become something called H & I. HEROES AND ICONS, if you can believe that! Detectives, adventurers and lots of cowboys! The picture is of poor quality (at least on my system). And if this weekend is any indication, the H & I logo is ever present. 100% of the time! But who knows? They might have some good shows. WAGON TRAIN was on last night. PETER GUNN. There was an ad for CHEYENNE, a favorite of five year-old boys in my day. And I caught the tail end of a Sherlock Holmes movie. Rathbone doing the speech from RICHARD II. My favorite scene!

Have no fear. I haven't lost Svengoolie yet! ME TV moved to a channel on the upper tier, or whatever we're calling it this week. I have to push a lot of buttons to get that. But it's there. Abbott and Costello met Frankenstein as advertised!
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

moira finnie wrote:Maricatrin, who posts here occasionally, has a new and evocative video using images from The Fugitive and a haunting song sung by Tim O'Brien:
[youtube][/youtube]
MissGoddess wrote:Brilliant job, Maricatrin, you are so good at this (thanks for posting that, Moira). I confess I teared up a couple of times.
JackFavell wrote::pve that video! Maricatrin really knows how to pick a perfect song, and how to use lingering shots to make the lyrics come forward.
Thank you all for the lovely comments, I haven't checked the boards in ages, so I saw them for the first time tonight. They're much appreciated. :D :D :D

I really love the song. The first rendition I heard of it is below. It's still my favorite cover, but it seemed more appropriate to use a version with a male lead singer for the Fugitive video.
[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

METV has disappeared from my AT&T U-Verse schedule and I have all the channels, what happened, does anybody know?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

mrsl wrote:.
METV has disappeared from my AT&T U-Verse schedule and I have all the channels, what happened, does anybody know?
You may find out where to find the channel if you call your cable provider, Anne. Time-Warner did the same thing some time ago around here. I think it changes from time to time depending on station lineups and affiliations in your area.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

For me, it was replaced by the similar (and western oriented) H & I. HEROES and ICONS! ME TV wound up on a three digit channel. Make that three digits AND a couple of "up buttons"! The picture's not as good. I'm told that's because my apartment complex doesn't have HD. Or something like that. TV has gotten way to complicated. I've stopped trying to understand it. Thank God for community theatre. Live actors in the room with you. You don't have to be an engineer to make it work!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I GIVE UP !!!!!

ME-TV has re-appeared on my U-Verse programming but it is still in the non-HD, as is the Western Encore station. I supposed that is because most of the programming is from pre-HD days. However, Encore still does wide screen if the copy they have is in WS.

RedRiver: Your apartment does not have HD, your Television has. If your TV is within 10 years old, chances are it has HD built in.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************