Should Catrina Matthew be as highly regarded as Andy Murray

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Should Catrina Matthew be as highly regarded as Andy Murray

Post by stuart.uk »

After holing the putt that won Europe the Solheim Cup for the first time ever on American soil I wonder if Scottish golfer Catrina' Matthews achievements should be compared to fellow Countryman Andy Murray and his 2 tennis grand slams. Catrina is also won the British Open a few yrs back and like Andy, appears to be the U.Ks only world class performer in her own sport.Which given the past successes of Laura Davies and Alison Nicholas, who've both won the U.S Open is something of a disappointment.

However, it also appears to me that the European ladies winning the Solheim cup is a greater achievement than the male counterparts winning the Ryder Cup, also on American soil, only because it's the first time the girls have won the trophy in the U.S. However, because ladies golf still doesn't attact the media attention that the men do, I guess the Ryder Cup winners will get more credit.

Likewise I'd expect Andy to be voted Scottish Sports Personality of the yr soon and probably rightly so IMO. However, I also think Catrina deserves equal recognition for more or less carrying the the British flag solo in British women's golf in recent yrs.