Anyone watch "Castle"?

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
butterscotchgreer

Anyone watch "Castle"?

Post by butterscotchgreer »

I have to admit, i am not a big modern TV show fan, but there are a select few that i will watch quite frequently. My main favorite is Castle! It's not too dark and depressing like a lot of those other shows out there. It's really cute and has witty dialogue with good chemistry between the leads, Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion. It's a murder/mystery show and I grew up with every classic mystery show, so I had to try this one out for sizing. I ended up obsessed with the characters. heehee! When you watch the show, the colors are so vibrant and outspoken by themselves and I think that is part of what attracted me to it.

For those of you who don't know what the show is about:

A mystery novel writer is researching for a new book and is friends with the mayor or New York. The mayor lets him become temporary partner to a very persistent, and intelligent female detective. The writer is attracted to the detective and she becomes his muse for his next series of books. He ends up helping her solve the departments cases and it turns out that they work well together as a team.
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Anyone watch "Castle"?

Post by movieman1957 »

The Bride liked it and my parents about wore it out. I watched one episode. I thought another police drama might be fun. Watching Susan Sullivan, even at her age, go around looking gorgeous would be fun. And then I saw the zombies. Or was it vampires?

They lost me there.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
butterscotchgreer

Hey chris!

Yeah, there is one episode about zombies and one episode about vampires. I'm not so keen on zombies either, so i sort of skipped out on that episode. I like Susan Sullivan as the grandma. She's so dynamic and flirty! But yeah, those subjects are really dark for me, too. But the show itself has a lot of funny aspects that I think brighten even those subjects up, with the dialogues and they're making fun of it.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I just got hooked on it, also! One of the BIGGEST things going for it is that Beckett does not wear lowcut blouses, her hair is often a mess...in other words, what a 'real' cop might look like. She does have scenes (not every show, thank heavens) where she has on some sexy outfit, but it's usually because she's undercover.

Nathan Fillion is cute, but he lingers a little too closely to that 'cute' part more than not. Everything is either funny or fodder for a new book to him. Love Esposito!!!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

i admit I'm a fan of this show - and I started watching it pretty much faithfully on TNT about 2 shows a week and I find this show rather refreshing and I loved the supporting cast more than the leads - I like the humor, the drama, and a very unusual angle of solving crimes - in a very different way possible.

I love Susan Sullivan on this show - and adds spunk to this show and I find the pairing of Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion unique and radically different than any other pairing of partnership in solving crimes. i do like the angle that they present and I ran into this show by accident on TNT about 3-4 months ago and got hooked ever since.

I missed the first 5 seasons on ABC - and how I miss this wonderful show!

It's has a good balance of humor, drama, violence, energy, sex appeal, and a surprising witty dialogue that I like. I know its not the greatest show on television today - but its a fun show to watch and I rather watch this one than Mentalist on CBS. i give this show a slight edge over the Mentalist any day of the week.
butterscotchgreer

knitwit45 wrote:I just got hooked on it, also! One of the BIGGEST things going for it is that Beckett does not wear lowcut blouses, her hair is often a mess...in other words, what a 'real' cop might look like. She does have scenes (not every show, thank heavens) where she has on some sexy outfit, but it's usually because she's undercover.

Nathan Fillion is cute, but he lingers a little too closely to that 'cute' part more than not. Everything is either funny or fodder for a new book to him. Love Esposito!!!
I know! Usually she is very modest, which I love! Even with messy hair and not the stylish kind of clothing, she is still gorgeous! It's pathetic, really. heehee!

Ryan and Esposito are HILARIOUS together! I love their casting! They all play so well off each other, every main character! Nathan is a little on the touchy side, but he is too adorable not to like.