Separated at Birth?

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Separated at Birth?

Post by moira finnie »

I see Dane Clark more than Cameron Mitchell as John Garfield lookalikes, but there was only one JG.

Hey, the mention of James Olson in Mongo's Candids thread reminded me that there was a time when I used to confuse these two all the time:

James Olson

Robert Duvall
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Separated at Birth?

When, I saw the picture on Joe's thread and its got me thinkin ... could Pamela Tiffin be related to Raquel Welch? ... The resemblance is amazing ...

Pamela on top and Raquel on the bottom ... incredible likeness I thought!
Attachments
Pamela Tiffin
Pamela Tiffin
Pamela Tiffin.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 16714 times
Raquel Welch
Raquel Welch
Raquel Welch.jpg (19.6 KiB) Viewed 17024 times
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u]RedRiver[/u] wrote:
There's a character actor who looks a lot like George Raft, but I can never remember his name. He's in practically everything, often plays policemen. Never the main character. I just can't name the man...This is infuriating! I'm not even thinking of Robert Shayne, the inspector in the Superman show. He is very much the same type. Even looks a little like the other two actors. But that's not who I'm thinking of.
I was hanging out with Wendy last week, and on tv was one of her favorites: "Dead Ringer." When I saw the detective on the case, I said "That's the guy that RedRiver was talking about!!!" She looked him up on IMDB and VOILA!!! KEN LYNCH:

ImageImage

You can thank me later Red with candy and diamonds and a couple of DVDs. You're welcome! :lol:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Bingo! That is POSITIVELY the guy. Cast him as George Raft's brother.

Pamela on top and Raquel on the bottom

A fantasy I've had many times...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Ken Lynch may have even been in a couple of DICK VAN DYKE episodes. A prison warden, maybe?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Robert Ryan and Rory Mallinson could have played brothers--albeit, if Rory were Mr. Ryan's rather underfed sibling.

Who the heck is Rory Mallinson? He was a lean character actor who played Bogie's trumpeter pal in Dark Passage (1947), and was one of the vets in the hospital in Pride of the Marines (1945).

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Uncanny Moira! ... Thanks for posting it!
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Moira

In the UK, one of our top presenters Clare Balding became a National Treasure at the London Olympics. Last year I thought I spotted a resemblance between her and a young Angela Lansbury. However, Clare in a tv interview said she resembled Kenneth Branagh and by jove she was right, the resemblance was uncanny. This got me imagining Angela with the short blonde crop she had in the 60s dressing up as Henry VI, A role Branagh is well remembered for. I think it works.
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

RedRiver wrote:I can see his face but can't think of one film he's in. I see him, Red.

This is infuriating! I'm not even thinking of Robert Shayne, the inspector in the Superman show. He is very much the same type. Even looks a little like the other two actors. But that's not who I'm thinking of.
Is it Richard Eastham?

I used to mistake him for Robert Shayne in That Darn Cat.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
TikiSoo

Lookalikes?

Post by TikiSoo »

As a kid, I mixed up all three actors:

Johnathan Harris from Lost In Space-

Ray Walston from MY FAVORITE MARTIAN-

and the original Mr Belvedere Clifton Webb-

Although not a striking resemblance , they all acted kind of fey (particularly Harris & Webb) detectible & even notable by a 6 year old.
As an adult watching classic film, of course I discern much difference between them. But they all seem cut from the same cloth in several ways.
While all good actors, Clifton Webb now stands out as my favorite of the bunch. Possibly because he was given better movie roles.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

I have this "thing" where I can see a correlation between some classic movie stars and modern movie stars-not exactly all about their appearance, but including their "type" too.
For example...
Gina Davis

is the modern Gene Tierney

I just noticed Elizabeth Hartman

reminds me of Susan Sarandon
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

TikiSoo wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 7:31 am I have this "thing" where I can see a correlation between some classic movie stars and modern movie stars-not exactly all about their appearance, but including their "type" too.
For example...

I just noticed Elizabeth Hartman

reminds me of Susan Sarandon
And, Elizabeth Hartman always reminded me of Tisha Sterling...

(...perhaps because they both seemed to often play brittle and disconnected young women and looked somewhat but not closely alike with large expressive eyes)
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

You know, Darg, before reading any of the text in your post the first impression I og from your top photo up there was...

Jodie Foster.

Sepiatone
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Sepiatone wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 11:15 am You know, Darg, before reading any of the text in your post the first impression I og from your top photo up there was...

Jodie Foster.

Sepiatone
I think you must be blind, doctah.