BBC celebrating 50th Anniversary

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Re: BBC celebrating 50th Anniversary

Post by mrsl »

Masha:

I watch Masterpiece Theater as much as I can. My DVR is set up to record Masterpiece anytime, any day. I love everything it puts out from Downton Abbey to Miss Marple to Silk. Unfortunately the BBC that I have available shows nothing of those shows. If it did, I would be tuned to it everyday to see what is on. As I've said before, until TCM starts showing more and different movies, I'm still channel surfing.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I don't get BBC America, Masha, but my sister is going to a big Doctor Who showing today, somewhere in L.A. I wonder if there are more of these big screenings across the country?

Also, GOOGLE has a wonderful game you can play today, where you select whichever Dr. Who you prefer, and then try to escape Daleks, etc. The Tardis takes you to each new level.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I like Masterpiece Theatre and I do watch BBC Programming now and then. :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I have seen Dr. Who, Masha, just haven't seen the show very recently. They have shown it on the SyFy network as well. I used to watch all the time when I was young, reruns of the older versions with William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, and John Pertwee. Tom Baker was the doctor I first watched and fell for, and then I was happy when Peter Davison took over from him, because I like celery. I have been very inconsistent in watching since then, but started up again when David Tennant became the Doctor. Quite recently it's been difficult to find the Doctor on Sy Fy. I think I might be able to stream episodes from BBC America's website.