What Your Movie Preferences Reveal About You

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
MissGoddess

Re: What Your Movie Preferences Reveal About You

Post by MissGoddess »

Masha wrote:
MissGoddess wrote:
Masha wrote: It will require thought to devise the best way to belittle them. I am not quite sure that they are worthy of it.
Who is worthy of it, dear Masha, ha. But what would be delicious is you sharing with US what you wrote and how you expressed yourself.

I for one was tempted to email, too. I wanted to complain about the lack of any classic movie slant at all. To me, that is a particular enough "category" to stand on its own and worthy of an individual question in the quiz. The preference for older films suggests all sorts of things about a person's personality....oops! Maybe today's psych's might think that it only suggested bad things! Ha!

I think this discussion so far has been immeasurably more interesting than the quiz! :D
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

MissGoddess wrote:
I think this discussion so far has been immeasurably more interesting than the quiz! :D

So True to the letter Miss G! :)
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

MissGoddess wrote:I think this discussion so far has been immeasurably more interesting than the quiz! :D
It was fun to see a facile outline of my alleged psyche. I knew it must be uncannily accurate after reading the results that said "You are introverted, reserved and serious. You prefer to be alone or with a few close friends movies."

So serious at all times. Sad, but true....
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I really think you should share your critique with the creators of this survey, Masha. It would be delightful to know their reactions to your perceptive comments.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I have no idea what the problem is that you folks have.

My result was that I should watch movies by Welles, Fuller, Cassavetes and Ophuls.

Recommendations: CITIZEN KANE, PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET, LOVE STREAMS and CAUGHT.

Or. maybe it was THE HOBBIT. I just don't recall at the moment.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

Masha wrote:I truly hope also that a professor overseeing this test is not a movie-lover as the movies which you choose as exemplars are mostly muddled pieces of crap.
"I don't swear just for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. I think we should use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words that anybody understands."

Spencer Tracy defending his profanity to Frederick March in Stanley Kramer's Inherit the Wind.
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I love these crazy quizzes because they're so off kilter. They give you a choice between extremely and not at all, but what about when there are definite exceptions? Here's a for instance: watching movies with friend - good or bad? Depends on the friend. I'm a woman who loves war movies, but I would never ask a certain friend to watch it with me, she would drive me crazy with questions, and trying to discuss my draperies or seat covers, because I know she would not watch the movie.

Oddly enough King Rat, I was rated an 0 and a 20 on violent films, yet my two favorite "man" movies are The Enemy Below, and The Hunt for Red October . . . go figure!

Another time I took a quiz about compatibility between spouses and we ranked in the low, low teens. HA . . . Eleven years of marriage and only one argument. He grounded the kids and I said "absolutely not", that way I'M the one who gets punished listening to their whining all day.

They can have 90 psychiatrists total the scores, and it wouldn't faze me a bit.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************