Detective Superintendant Foyle

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Detective Superintendant Foyle

Post by mrsl »

For those who are interested, if you have channel WYCC (Channel 20 on the Uverse system), the original Foyle series is starting up as far as I can tell. Only the first episode was shown this week, so you will have no problem catching up. It is on at 8:00 (Chicago time) and very much worth setting your recorder for. It is the other Chicago PBS station around here, so see if you can find it. You will be happy you did.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Re: Detective Superintendant Foyle

Post by knitwit45 »

Funny you should mention this...
I subscribed to acorntv.com to watch Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.. The entire 7 seasons of Foyles War is available, and I have been binge watching Michael sigh Kitchen. Acorn has a 30 day free trial, then it is only 5.99 a month. Lots of British and Australian TV available.

Foyle's War is outstanding drama, well acted interesting stories, and a glimpse into WW2 Britain. Highly recommended. And Michael ain't bad, either :oops: :oops:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

And another season is in the works. Scheduled for a 2015 release there should be three more episodes. Yea.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

movieman1957 wrote:And another season is in the works. Scheduled for a 2015 release there should be three more episodes. Yea.
Yahoooo!!!! And, might I just add..be still my heart :oops: :oops: :)
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

And now it comes to an end.

The final season is finishing in England this week. I guess it will be here in the spring but this is it. At least I can go through them again.
Chris

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Another stellar group of films. They are after the war but still with the aftermath of it. I never quite got a clear sense of what year but I figure '46 or '47.

These three are a bit longer than most of the previous entries but it does give time for more details in the story. Everyone is very good. Michael Kitchen can say more with a single word (and often does) than most of them can say in a paragraph. The last 20 minutes or so of the last entry is quite a surprise. Sit back and enjoy.

Awaiting the final season of "Doc Martin" and the next for "Longmire" as that should keep me going. Then off for something new. Of course, I'll be going through the old "Foyle's War" on Netflix.
Chris

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Look at this and it may change your view a little about Mr. Kitchen. Don't turn it up too loud.

[youtube][/youtube]
Chris