BBC Suggestions

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
charliechaplinfan

Re: BBC Suggestions

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Has Season 3 not aired in the US yet? When are you getting it?
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

As far as I know in the USA Season 3 should be airing from January onwards.

In Chile, Season 3 should be airing on Cable TV, around mid 2013.

I think my wife and I will watch all the chapters in a row when I get the BRay! :D
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

In preparation for the arrival of season 3 some of my local public broadcasting stations are doing a retrospective on the show and showing interviews. (I don't know whether they are taken from a DVD or specific to this show.) Along with it they are showing season 2 again. People are likely to be in a frenzy after Christmas.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

They are doing the same thing here, and our station says season 3 is to air in January.
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

It's great that Downton has many fans in the US. Here in the UK we are awaiting the Xmas special in a couple of weeks. As far as I know there will be a fourth series. My favorite is Maggie Smith who only has to raise an eyebrow or shrug her shoulders and I smile.
Cant wait to see Maggie's new film, QUARTET, directed by Dustin Hoffman.
I also like CALL THE MIDWIFE ,one of whose stars is the very tall Miranda Hart. Miranda has become a big hit in the UK in her comedy series MIRANDA which is just terrific. Patricia Hodge plays her mother.
Can I say I like lots of American TV series. HOMELAND is on just now and I look forward to more of DEXTER, NURSE JACKIE,THE GOOD WIFE, REVENGE,SUITS. I'm sure there are probably more I would like but these are the ones I can see .
I also love the third series of the Danish series THE KILLING. Has that been shown in the States? I know the first series was remade in the States and it was ok but not nearly as good as the original .
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

Meant to add I also watched every season of THE CLOSER. Such a shame It has ended. How is MAJOR CRIMES?
charliechaplinfan

I watched the first series of The Killing, I must get around to renting the remainder, I was hooked.

I've read the Call The Midwife books but not watched the series, Miranda Hart perfect casting as Chummy, I've enjoyed the books so much that I'm not sure I want to watch the serialisation.

We'll have to wait until January to discuss Downton it with everyone.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You put me to shame. I barely watch any TV here, just my movies. I do like to watch Revenge, it's a guilty pleasure, but I've only seen a few episodes at the start of the series. it's on right after Once Upon a Time, which I liked a lot at the beginning, but is now starting to wear a little thin with me. I like Modern Family which is hilarious. I really wanted to see The Good Wife, but can never tell when it's on. The other shows we watch occasionally are Burn Notice (my daughter loves this show) and How I Met Your Mother which Andrew loves.
feaito

Post by feaito »

No "Downton Abbey" for me... The Blu Ray released in the UK that I bought is Area "B", so my players did not play it; plus, in my country the stores do not carry Multi-"Area" Blu Ray players so there's no chance to ever using those disks. I did not check properly before buying that they were Area "B", because the previous releases of the series are Area "0" and can be played in any Blu Ray player. So, I'm sad.... :cry:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm so sorry, nando! What a bummer. :(
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Wen.
charliechaplinfan

Is there anyway of converting them, Fernando? Which country would they play in? It's not really fair if the discs are for sale in a country that they can't be played in.

I don;t watch much TV Wendy, I only started watching Downton because everyone here was raving about it, I'm more likely to watch TV because it's recommended here than any other reason.
feaito

Post by feaito »

It is my fault Ali. I bought it from Amazon.UK and did not notice that the release was not Area "0" like the previous British releases...I hate this "Area" stuff, that only serves to the production companies to manipulate the market selfishly. If had known, I'd have waited for the US release of DA....but I was eager to watch it.

I don't know of a way of converting them, but I'll inquire...
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I've done it before myself. It's so frustrating, especially when you know it's your own fault.
charliechaplinfan

I suppose it'll cost too much to return it to Amazon.co.uk. The region codes annoy me.