THE LOCKET (1946) on Sat Oct 13

bettyjoan

the Locket

Post by bettyjoan »

Wow:

Thanks so much for telling me about Katherine Emery. - Was she a double for Mercedes, or what?

You know, as a former singer, and a painter; sometimes of portraits, I always notice facial structure. It's sort of my theory that facial structure affects vocal tonal sound, naturally. - This woman even sounded like Mercedes.

Check it out. See people with similar facial structure and you will hear similar vocal emissions. Of course, to be minorly technical, this makes sense. Our bone structure is a sort of internalized acoutical structure. - Noises created within the enclosed form and formed/projected through the fleshed structure e.g., the throat and tissues, 'bounces' against the harder format and thus....

Jeez, what a bore I am! - Anyway, check it out. - I find especially with British actors, who 'disguise' themselves with theatre makeup; make-up aging techniques and et cetera, that you can still recognize them because of the very sound they project.

Thanks for your neat feedback. I will have to check out Ms. Emery. She is the image of 'controlled' cruelty in 'The Locket'.